540 East 76th Street
IT Support Technician
The Town School, a nursery through 8th-grade school of 400 students on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, seeks an organized, dedicated, and reliable IT Support Technician. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technology-infused environment, providing frontline desktop and classroom technical support for our learning community and 1:1 device program. The successful candidate should be comfortable interacting with students, teachers, parents, trustees, alumni, vendors and colleagues. This is a 12-month, full-time position in the Technology Department that reports to the Director of Technology. Town embraces high academic and ethical standards, and all members of the community are guided by our school motto, "Joy with Purpose."
· Serve as "first responder" to tech support requests, which arrive by email, phone and in person. Diagnose the request and handle directly, or refer to other department members when necessary.
· Plan and execute maintenance of faculty laptops/desktops (updates, new hardware, backups).
· Maintain student laptop sets and cabinets (re-image, label, manage charging cables).
· Maintain and troubleshoot copier/printers, including distributing paper, toner, etc.
· Provide hardware and software support for interactive touchscreen displays in classrooms.
· Arrange for equipment repair (computers, printers, etc.) as needed.
· Manage inventory of technology hardware via asset tags.
· Manage technology storage and plan e-recycle pickups when necessary.
· Manage and fulfill all AV requests throughout the school.
· Video-record, stream, upload, and share school events.
· Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Technology.
· Education or training equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering / IT Systems field.
· Minimum one year of relevant work experience, preferably in an educational setting and a mixed platform environment.
· Knowledge of Mac and PC laptop and desktop hardware.
· Knowledge of Mac OS, iOS, Windows, MS Office, MS Outlook, Google Apps.
· Knowledge of imaging Mac OS computers and IOS devices.
· Laptop, desktop, and iPad setup and configuration experience.
· Ability to work with individuals with a range of technical expertise courteously and professionally, while remaining calm and supportive with users in the midst of a technology "crisis."
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
· Ability to be flexible with the weekly schedule, which may include working evenings and weekends a few times a year.
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work with multiple distractions and changing priorities.
· Ability to identify opportunities for improving technology procedures/policies and make constructive suggestions for change.
· Ability to occasionally lift and move up to 50 lbs.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, The Town School seeks candidates who will add to the diversity of our school community.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and the names/contact information of three professional references to techemployment@TownSchool.org, attention Grant Olds, Director of Technology.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
please submit a cover letter, resume and the names/contact information of three professional references to techemployment@TownSchool.org, attention Grant Olds, Director of Technology.