The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Front Desk Receptionist/Customer Service Representative in the Customer Service Department. This position is charged with effectively operating OSA’s main entrance reception area and switchboard, acting as the first point of contact for individuals visiting OSA’s headquarters, controlling building access, and directing visitors to the proper person/office by coordinating with the appropriate OSA staff. This position is also responsible for a wide variety of administrative activities including but not limited to netForum data file maintenance and transaction processing related to OSA’s Membership, products, programs and services. In addition, supports non-confidential HR tasks. The individual who performs this role will undertake creative approaches to problem resolution, promote and maintain positive customer relations both with those on the phone and who arrive in person and work collaboratively with OSA staff across the organization to provide the best customer service possible both internally and externally.
Customer Service / Reception:
1. Responsible for greeting visitors and announcing guest visits with appropriate staff plus ensuring log entry for arrivals and departures for guests (and tenants as applicable). Monitors front door building access for staff and visitors during normal business hours (8:30 am to 5:00 pm).
2. Answers main switchboard and customer service phone lines, screens and routes calls, takes messages and responds in a timely manner to any voicemails that may have been left while the front desk receptionist is attending to other higher priority responsibilities.
3. Handles administrative duties as assigned. These duties include but are not limited to: addressing general inquiries for organizational information (Membership, Meetings and/or general requests), and processing invoice/receipts, activation/deactivation of email aliases, returned mail, address corrections, and general netForum data maintenance.
4. Handle address changes from fulfillment center.
5. Understands and follows internal controls, policies and procedures.
6. Assures the reception area is neat and orderly.
7. Trains assigned back-up staff for reception relief coverage.
Human Resources Support
Assist in employee recruitment by posting on-line recruitment advertisements, print resumes & enter information into applicant tracking spreadsheet. Set appointments for telephone screening and on-site interviews.
1. Works with the Customer & Member Service Manager to identify service issues and recommend solutions.
2. Documents/updates customer services processes as requested or as needed.
3. Other duties as assigned, including occasional front desk monitoring outside normal business hours for conferences/receptions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Associates degree with at least 1 year of experience desired or a high school diploma with at least 3 years professional work experience required.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft office products and database applications.
3. Previous training in customer service techniques preferred.
4. Association experience preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Strong customer service orientation, pleasant demeanor and excellent telephone etiquette required.
2. Positive attitude and an ownership of role’s responsibilities.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills, with competency in grammar and diction, required.
4. Multi-tasking abilities essential.
Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood of Washington, DC, OSA offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.
The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Front Desk Receptionist/Customer Service Representative in the Customer Service Department. This position is charged with effectively operating OSA’s main entrance reception area and…