The Public Theater is hiring a Digital Marketing Manager to coordinate The Public’s social media channels, maintain the organization’s website, publictheater.org, and assist in the on-going development of the organization’s overall digital strategy. This role reports to the Associate Director of Marketing, but also intersects with all levels of the organization. The Digital Marketing Manager also serves as a front-facing line of customer service communications on our social channels.
The ideal candidate will have qualifications in most (if not all) of the following job functions. Based on the candidate’s skills and background, the relative weight of each of these responsibilities may vary; the position may manage or assist in conjunction with other members of the Marketing team, rather than provide exclusive oversight.
· Develop and maintain an ongoing content and communications calendar for the Public’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram). In collaboration with the Marketing team, develop and implement an overall social media content and communications strategy to support sales and marketing efforts around shows, programs, and institutional events. Distribute content and messaging in a timely fashion.
· Work closely with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities to capture content, and to develop creative campaigns for social media channels. Provide guidance on social content and channels to other departments internally, and implement campaigns as needed.
· Under the direction of the Associate Director, work closely with The Public’s digital advertising agency to implement paid social, display, and search efforts.
· Maintain The Public’s website, publictheater.org. Perform routine updates using the site’s CMS; work with the Web Developers to build out new content sections as needed.
· Provide detailed analysis and accurate reporting on social platforms as well as website traffic (primarily through Google Analytics and Tessitura). Use data to inform strategies around patron experience, audience growth, and revenue goals
· Perform additional duties, as assigned.
3+ years of directly-related experience in communications and marketing, ideally in the not-for-profit/cultural sector preferred. Working knowledge of Tessitura is a plus. We are seeking a self-starter with impeccable time management and organizational skills who can manage deadlines amidst multiple shifting priorities.
The Public Theater is a cultural institution dedicated to upholding principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion; as such we are seeking a candidate who is interested in investigating how to bring those principles to bear in a digital space.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required