5900 Airport Boulevard
Foundation Communities seeks to form a team of energetic, enthusiastic individuals who can help us serve over 20,000 clients at our Community Tax Centers (CTCs) for the 2019 tax filing season. CTC employees make a tremendous impact in the Austin community while gaining meaningful non-profit experience working for a well- respected organization. Under the direction of the supervising site managers, intake coordinators greet clients upon arrival at the tax center, conduct eligibility screenings, and assist taxpayers in assembling all required information and documents. Full-time and part-time schedules including weekdays, evenings, and weekends are available.
· Greet taxpayers upon arrival to the tax site and maintain a welcoming, clean, and professional environment.
· Conduct intake interviews with taxpayers, which include validating taxpayers’ identities, screening for eligibility, reviewing taxpayer documents, and ensuring taxpayers are ready to proceed in the tax preparation process.
· Serve as a resource for taxpayers, answering questions and providing high quality customer service
· Support site managers in operations tasks like opening and closing procedures, identifying supplies needs, and continually working to improve the taxpayer’s experience at the site.
· Provide onsite supplemental training and support to volunteers on the intake process as necessary.
· Effectively use email, scanning software, Google Drive, and other technology in program operations.
· Protect client confidentiality.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish
· Experience in customer service
· Complete specified tax certifications by 5pm on January 20, 2019 (training provided)
· Attend all of the following training sessions: (all start and end times are approximate):
o New Hire Orientation: Saturday, December 1, 2018 from 9am-12pm (alternate: Jan 2 from 10am-1pm)
o Tax training: December 5 and 6 from 5:30-9:30pm, December 11 from 10am-4pm (Alternative dates: January 2 and 3 from 5:30-9:30pm, January 14 and 15 from 6-9pm)
o Operations & additional tax training: (day and evening option available for most trainings)
[#1] Jan 2 from 1:30-4:30pm or Jan 7 from 6-9pm [#2] Jan 3 from 1:30-4:30pm or Jan 8 from 6-9pm [#3] Jan 8 from 9am-12pm or Jan 9 from 6-9pm [#4] Jan 8 from 1-4pm or Jan 12 from 9am-12pm [#5] Jan 10 from 9am-12pm or Jan 19 from 9am-12pm
[#6] Jan 9 from 9am-12pm or Jan 12 from 1-4pm [#7] Jan 9 from 1-4pm or Jan 19 from 1-4pm [#8] Jan 5 from 10am-1pm (no alternate date) [#9] Jan 5 from 1:30-4:30pm (no alternate date)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter “Bilingual Intake Coordinator” in the email subject line. In your cover letter, please specify your availability. This position pays $14 per hour.
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.