Details: $12-15/hour, depending on qualifications & experience
The Latino Equity Advocacy & Policy Institute, Inc. (LEAP) is a fast-growing non-profit start-up and is seeking a bilingual people person that can thrive in a fast-paced work environment to join the core team of LEAP’s Green Raiteros (GR) program. GR is an indigenous ridesharing service for individuals who cannot drive themselves or make use of the limited transportation options in the area. Based in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley, GR will provide transportation to medical and social service appointments to various regional destinations, principally Fresno, Hanford and Madera’s Valley Children’s Hospital.
LEAP is looking for a GR Transportation Coordinator that will be responsible for the recruitment, training, scheduling, and management of the drivers of the GR service. As this is a role in a start-up environment, you will have a lot of input in how this role can evolve to meet the needs of the program and the organization. Initially, work will be focused on the growth of the driver pool, recruiting a core network of 10-20 Raiteros/as. The role will gradually grow to include greater emphasis on operations management as the program matures. Operational work will include administration of a reliable & timely transportation service to include: receiving and processing requests for trips, data collection & validation, creating schedules for volunteer drivers, and providing customer service (and driver support) by phone.
Supervision: The Transportation Coordinator works under the general direction of the GR Director of Operations. It is also expected that employee must be able to work independently, planning and prioritizing as needs arise.
Supervisory responsibility: The Transportation Coordinator will assist the Operations Director as needed in the supervision of volunteer drivers and outreach volunteers. Supervisory functions will be centered on supporting and monitoring the performance of the GR service and providing excellent customer service.
Job Environment: Work will be performed initially at the Green Raiteros’ office in Fresno, (Zip: 93721), while the Huron-based Operations & Maintenance Center is under construction. Following completion of the Operations Center, GR will move into this new office in Huron (Zip: 93234). Candidate can also expect:
· Frequent phone calls/emails, must provide excellent customer service, and address client concerns & needs with respect to the GR services in a friendly manner.
· Must be able to utilize all standard office equipment, be proficient with productivity software and capable of learning & using new software & associated tools.
· Address real-time logistics matters.
· Must have a good understanding of regional geography & other available transportation services.
· Will have access to confidential information, must use professional judgment, discretion and professional protocols.
· No texting or operation of smart-phone and driving!
These are provided for illustrative purpose and the job is expected to grow and change considerably in the organization’s first year.
· Understand the value and benefits of the Green Raiteros program, and be excited about sharing this with the public and any curious minds!
· Receives and schedules all trip requests, with emphasis on our community members looking to access medical care, sets up and reviews daily schedules for drivers, checking for accuracy and changes.
· Perform pre-trip checks with drivers.
· Administrative & reporting duties: Schedules and maintains records for all driver trainings, evaluates and logs all daily driver/rider reporting information, develop weekly and monthly summary information, and perform rider / driver surveys, maintain accurate records of telephone and visitor log.
· Recruit volunteer drivers and riders.
· Share GR point of contact role with Outreach Coordinator and respond to all incoming calls/emails/inquiries about the program. Direct other inquiries as necessary.
· Assist with updates to program policies & procedures.
· Assist with grantwriting tasks when necessary.
· Attend staff meetings and meet with the GR Director of Operations on a regular basis.
· Adhere to Green Raiteros policies & procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
Level of Language Proficiency
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
Education / Training / Experience:
High School degree or equivalent with one to three (1-3) years related work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. English/Spanish bilingual to engage with community members and to develop program material. Passionate about improving mobility options & connectivity for low-income, farmworker, rural communities like Huron.
Computer skills, telephone skills, customer service skills, ability to multi-task.
Must have a valid California Driver’s License
Must pass a background check
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.)
Regularly required to operate object, tools, or controls. Ability to pick up common office objects weighing up to 25lbs. Communicates verbally and in writing; ability to convey department service information to the elderly and other vulnerable populations. Ability to operate a motor vehicle. Employees are frequently required to assist clients as they walk or sit and may be required to push a wheelchair.
(This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirement of the jobs change.)
LEAP is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required