The Talent Manager supports staff at every stage of their employment with Summer Search. This newly created position will join a 3-member talent team and work in collaboration with finance (which oversees HR administration) and staff across our national office and 5 regional sites. Reporting to the National Senior Director of Talent Acquisition & Development, this hire will have the opportunity to touch all aspects of talent acquisition, development, and operations, as well as play a visible role in ensuring that Summer Search takes care of our most important asset: our people.
Specifically, the Talent Lifecycle Manager will contribute to:
Hiring and Onboarding
- Support recruitment and hiring by managing job advertisements, producing offer letters, initiating and monitoring backgrounds checks, and communicating information to hiring managers and others involved in the hiring process.
- Create and implement a comprehensive onboarding strategy and program that expands beyond new hire orientation and covers the entire first year of employment.
- Lead orientation calls with new hires and ensure all new hire tasks are completed e.g. completing and filing hiring paperwork, signing Employee Handbook, and enrolling in benefits.
- As needed, serve as internal recruiter and project manager for open staff positions, providing timely and responsive support to hiring managers and candidates through the entire search process.
- Update and maintain functional job description and hiring guide library available to all staff; audit 1x/year to ensure upkeep.
- Produce monthly Hiring Update email for all staff.
- Maintain and update data on hires in applicant tracking database e.g. adding start dates, referral tags.
- As time allows, support ongoing recruitment efforts through proactive sourcing and creating candidate pipelines year-round.
Employee Lifecycle Support
- Support the National Senior Director of Talent Acquisition & Development in identifying and implementing staff development programming that is affordable, scalable, and responsive to highest priority organizational needs.
- Coordinate and ensure delivery of mandatory trainings for staff e.g. sexual harassment, legal compliance.
- With support from the Chief Operating Officer, act as a liaison between employer and employee, including supporting the resolution of employee complaints and escalating these complaints to the level of disciplinary or legal action when necessary.
- Manage the offboarding process for employees transitioning out of Summer Search, including conducting the exit interview.
- Support the Finance team to ensure employee files are created and maintained, including documentation related to hiring, promotions, and transitions.
- Support the quarterly and annual performance review process, ensuring the timely evaluation of all staff.
- Maintain Talent Team SharePoint site, including a library of management tools. Ensure all talent-related materials are up to date.
- Collect, analyze, and share data to gain insight on staff satisfaction, performance, and retention; support efforts to track diversity and inclusion metrics.
- Perform all job duties in line with equity, diversity, and inclusion principles at Summer Search; actively engage in personal identity work.
We are committed to staff learning, growth and development. Our holistic investment includes:
- Competitive salaries.
- Medical insurance with up to 90% employer contribution
- Dental, vision, FSA, life and disability insurance plans
- 401 (K) and Employer Match up to $2,000 annually
- Generous time off including 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 2 floating holidays, 10 company-wide holidays and a 1-week December closure.
- Individual, local, regional and national training
- A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization.
- An organizational culture that supports staff well-being and holistic self-care
- Ample opportunities to connect with the students and communities we serve
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
With a staff that cares deeply about social justice and racial equity, we believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a rich work environment and enhance our ability to pursue our mission.
We are committed to building an organization with raised consciousness in order to impact how we work with students, as well as how we work together as a team.
We hope you will join us as we continue to build a diverse organization that fosters a work environment where people from all backgrounds are welcomed and valued.
Level of Language Proficiency
The Talent Manager calls for a self-motivated and resourceful HR/talent professional who believes that people are an organization’s most important asset. Specifically, this hire will bring:
- A commitment to Summer Search’s mission of transforming what young people believe is possible for themselves by supporting them to earn a bachelor’s degree and to become socially responsible leaders.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in a talent or human resources-focused role, ideally in a nonprofit environment.
- A “people-first” mindset, with a strong ability to build trusting relationships and convey empathy in all interactions.
- Skill in creating and maintaining clear, well-defined systems and processes, with an eye on continuous process improvement.
- Personal responsibility for work product and results; excellent organizational skills to juggle multiple projects and ad hoc requests.
- An understanding of systemic and institutionalized racism facing communities of color, and the historical context of privilege and power in America, with sensitivity and humility in engaging colleagues around these topics.
- A genuine interest in enhancing the efficacy of a lean talent function in a dynamic and growing organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application, collaboration technology (e.g. SharePoint), and HR-related systems (e.g. ADP, Newton Applicant Tracking System.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. PHR or similar certification is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Click here to submit an application.