The Partnership's Healthy Families (HF) Program of Passaic County is a home visitation program that pairs trained Family Support Workers with pregnant women and young families. During regular home visits, families learn about child development and parenting, identify their unique strengths and skills, and develop resiliency.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for establishing and maintaining a long-term relationship with the families enrolled in the Healthy Families Passaic County Program. Conduct home visitation services from pregnancy through the child’s third year.
- Outreach families referred through Central Intake or a Service Provider;
- Use standardized screening tool to determine eligibility for home visitation services;
- Conduct family-centered and strength-based Home Visits based on enrolled family’s level of service;
- Interview/conduct Parent Survey with parents to identify strengths/risk factors;
- Conduct weekly outreach efforts to engage hard to reach clients;
- Document weekly home visits, assessment tools, and forms in a timely and confidential manner;
- Utilize Parents As Teachers curriculum to help improve parent child interaction;
- Establish a trusting relationship;
- Assist in strengthening the parent-child relationship;
- Assist parents in improving their skills to optimize the home environment;
- Assist in increasing the family support system and the family’s ability to problem solve;
- Assist the family in establishing goals;
- Identify and refer to other supportive agencies, including healthcare appointments;
- Assist with organizing and facilitating parent workshops;
- Provide advocacy at appointments, as needed;
- Monitor current health and developmental trends;
- Maintain own functioning vehicle in good working condition at all times;
- Handles other assignments as requested.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- High School graduate or GED equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Two years of experience in working with children (0-3 years of age) and families
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of normal child growth/development and parent-child relationships
- Experience in working with community agencies, including implementing referral processes
- Ability to relate to families from a strength-based model even in an apparently chaotic family environment; ability to approach families from a family-centered service model.
- Ability to establish and maintain personal/programmatic boundaries, while providing supportive services.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to individuals who may not share basic commonality.
- Experience working with culturally diverse communities; ability to be culturally sensitive.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to travel throughout New Jersey to attend required core trainings, curricula training and ongoing trainings required by the model and/or agency.
- Medical Insurance Plan with Employer-Paid Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- Dental Insurance Plan
- Vision Insurance Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Flexible Working Schedules
- Life Insurance Plan
- Long-term Insurance & AD&D Plan
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Healthy Families Program of Passaic County
Partnership for Maternal & Child Health of Northern New Jersey
176 Broadway, 2nd Floor
Paterson, NJ 07505
Submissions without a cover letter and/or salary requirement will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in working for The Partnership. Once submitted, your résumé will be reviewed, and if your background fits our needs, someone from our office will contact you for an interview.