1348 Bainbridge Street
Title: Trans Care Services Manager
General Description: Mazzoni Center is one of a handful of health care providers in the U.S. that offers comprehensive care and services specifically for transgender individuals. Since 2000, we have provided primary care to over 3,500 transgender and gender non-conforming clients in our medical practice.
We are committed to respecting the identity of each person who comes to us, and providing quality, compassionate care through a holistic approach that includes services to support physical, mental and emotional health. From a patient’s very first contact with our intake team, our goal is to make them welcomed and safe. We use an informed consent model, assessing current knowledge and educating the family about treatment options and other medical issues surrounding the social and medical transition process.
Communication Skills: Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
Trans Clinical Services and Trans Care Programming
- Complete/oversee informed consent/biopsychosocial assessments with trans identified individuals/youth/families.
- Serve as point of contact for parents and caregivers of trans and gender non-conforming youth.
- Provide medical social work & advocacy services to trans clients and families.
- Identify appropriate resources to address client needs and assist client with linkage to those resources.
- Coordinate and monitor ongoing services.
- Complete follow up counseling sessions with clients starting hormone treatment as necessary.
- Assist client with identifying, building, and maintaining external support systems.
- Complete or delegate the completion of administrative tasks related to clinical trans care (letters for gender marker changes, surgery letters, mental health referrals, etc.).
- Document all client contact in AthenaNET.
- Coordinate and support the development and management of the Sisterly LOVE program
- Coordinate and support the development and management of PACTS program.
- Coordinate and support the development and management Trans Care Clinical program, including the MSW internship program.
Community Engagement, Groups & Education
- Participate in the Behavioral Health Initiative component of the PTWC.
- Oversee the coordination and facilitation of Trans Community Advisory Board meetings.
- Represent Mazzoni Center at city-wide community meetings, working groups, and committees focused around transgender populations.
- Contact external organizations and provide information about Mazzoni trans services through networking events, presentations, in-services, and tabling efforts.
- Provide weekly supervisions to Trans Care Specialists, Community Engagement Specialists, and MSW interns.
- Maintain written notes of all supervisions.
- Complete introductory and annual performance evaluation for supervisees.
- Assist Director of Care Services with interviewing new staff for the Care Services Department.
- Assist in the orientation and training of new staff.
- Assist with client-related crises as necessary.
- Protect client information and records at all times in compliance with agency Confidentiality Policy and HIPAA regulations.
- Participate in weekly supervision with Director of Care Services.
- Participate in monthly Care Services Department Managers Meetings.
- Participate in agency meetings, staff in-services, and external trainings as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Director of Care Services
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ issues and community resources.
- LGBTQ cultural competency
- Providing support and developing staff
- Managing performance
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and manage multiple deadlines and responsibilities.
- Bilingualism, Spanish/English preferred.
Education, Training, License and Certification, Skills and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Social Work, LSW preferred
- Knowledge of trans issues and community resources
Background checks are required, including Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearance.
1. Ability to travel on public transportation
2. The ability to lift objects greater than 25 pounds
Starting at $47,500.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingualism, Spanish/English preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter with “Trans Care Services Manager” in the subject line to Alecia Manley (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Patricia Dunne, the Human Resources Director (email@example.com).
This position will be open for submissions until November 2, 2018.