Social Worker I DFTA - Storefront Case Management (BA/BS/BSW) $44,500.00k/yr
- Job posted by Jewish Association Serving the Aging
Details: $24.45/hr - $44,500/yr
1090 Coney Island Avenue
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under supervision of Social Worker II or other Masters'-level staff, in accord with the standards of the social work profession and requirements of the funding source, responsible for:
• The provision of In-Home and In-Office Assessment of the social and emotional needs of the older adult client and his family, utilizing prescribed standardized assessment instruments (i.e. PSA,
EISEP-PATH); securing where appropriate the assistance of other social work and/or other professional consultants.
• The development and implementation of a written case plan for the provision of the full range of social services for the older adult client(s) and family, including:
o Individual and family counseling and guidance in the resolution of problems of the client(s) and family.
o The provision of appropriate information to clients and collaterals regarding the normal physical, social and psychological development of individuals, challenges to functioning presented by
conditions of impairment, disease, social stresses and dysfunction; and ways of coping and preserving individual functioning and autonomy.
o The provision of specific information about health, welfare, education and recreation services available to serve the older client.
o Screening of client eligibility, application for, and advocacy in securing benefits and entitlements.
o The arrangement for direct provision of services such as transportation, homecare services, meals on wheels, public assistance, Medicare, Medicaid, emergency cash relief, legal aid,
protective services, vocational placement, medical and psychiatric examination and therapy, housing, etc.
o Evaluation of clients' capacity to manage their own affairs and protect themselves from financial exploitation. Assistance in securing needed and legitimate financial management or
guardianship arrangements. Disbursement of monies as issued through JASA relief funds or client financial management services, to secure needed goods and services for older clients.
o Referral and cooperative relationships with other community agencies, to meet the needs of clients.
• Ongoing reassessment of client need, monitoring of service efficacy, and appropriate revision of the case plan
• Informing supervisors of situations of crisis or circumstances where the worker requires further guidance.
• Conducts group counseling, community education and caregiver support groups.
• Supervises community aides, Title V workers, homemakers, home health aides, interns and volunteers.
• Represents and interprets the agency at community conferences and meetings.
• Participates in training and unit meetings.
• Completes required case records, reports and statistics, utilizing computers, if so required.
• Performs such other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an Accredited College or University with B.S.W./or B.A./B.S. degree, or equivalent.
• Good writing/record keeping skills.
• Ability to read, write, speak, understand English.
• Ability to travel to clients' homes using mass transit and to negotiate any steps and barriers in clients' residences.
• Knowledge of Yiddish/Russian/Spanish/Patois may be helpful.
• Understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to serving clients and families.
Email résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com. Indicate Social Worker I DFTA - Storefront Case Management - Brooklyn in subject line.
Mail to: JASA
Human Resources Department
247 West 37 Street – Ninth Floor
New York, NY 10018
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Union DC 1707/Full-time
Minimum Education Required