Part Time Temporary
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for providing outreach and education services within the target community to meet program requirements. The position requires strong interpersonal skills to make connections and build relationships. BikeSGV works with the Council for Watershed Health, Climate Resolve, South El Monte City and other partners collaboratively with the purpose of creating a green street in South El Monte City on Merced Ave. The Community Engagement Coordinator will work to engage the public on the program services available. The Community Engagement Coordinator is involved in direct recruitment of participants, attending community events, planning/coordinating community events and reporting to the Executive Director on event outcomes.
1. Excellent verbal communication, in English and Spanish.
2. Must be sensitive to the Latino/Asian Pacific Islander community.
3. Must have knowledge of and be comfortable presenting information related to the specific project being assigned.
4. Intermediate knowledge and experience working with computers, including word processing and data entry programs; spreadsheet experience a plus.
5. Excellent organizational abilities.
6. Written communication skills in English adequate to draft reports, memos, business correspondence, etc., as needed or directed by Executive Director; basic written communication skills in Spanish to communicate to community members, as needed, to provide them with necessary information.
7. Able to effectively organize and present information in group settings, both formal and informal.
8. Able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively. Self-starter.
9. Valid California Driver’s License, insurance, and ability to travel as required to perform duties. Must be willing to commute via public transit, foot, and bike when appropriate.
10. Candidates local to the central San Gabriel Valley are strongly preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
1. Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Urban Planning, Communications or closely related field required.
2. Minimum one-year outreach experience working with community-based agencies.
3. Previous experience with group training and/or facilitating group meetings.
4. Previous experience working with the Latino and Asian Pacific Islander community strongly preferred.
5. Previous experience in a non-profit setting preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample