590 Avenue of the Americas
<img src="//:0" height="56" width="205">
The New York Foundling is one of the community’s largest and longest-standing nonprofits, and is dedicated to nurturing the safety, well-being, and supportive relationships that each person needs to reach their full potential. Our story begins in 1869, when we were founded by the Sisters of Charity as a home for abandoned babies. Since then, we have evolved with the needs of the community into a leading provider of services to over 30,000 children, youth, adults, and families each year throughout New York City; Rockland, Westchester, and Orange counties; and Puerto Rico.
We are currently seeking a full-time Systems Engineer in our Manhattan location. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for:
· Under the leadership of the Director of Technology Infrastructure Services, the Systems Engineer is an integral member of the Technology Infrastructure Services team within the Information Technology Services Department to collaboratively implement and operate in-house and outsourced/cloud computing facilities and technology infrastructure as part of the service desk.
· The Systems Engineer provides the business knowledge and technical skills to implement technical strategies, occasionally evaluate products and provide a superior level of technical support.
· As a Systems engineer, the team member will participate comfortably with general supervision, take ownership of systems and projects, and follow issues through to completion in order to contribute to the growth and mission success of the organization.
· Must possess technical skills as well as customer-services skills; all IT Services roles are user-facing.
· Day-to-day work will be roughly split across the following:
o Coordinates and/or performs additions and changes to hardware and operating systems and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new network hardware and software. (50%)
o Provides direct support in the day-to-day operations on hardware and operating systems; duties include evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems. (20%)
o Troubleshoots at the physical level of technology infrastructure, working with measurement hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of hardware devices, at the logical level working with communication protocols. (15%)
o Participates in planning design, technical review and implementation for new infrastructure hardware and operating systems for voice and data communication networks. (5%)
o Maintains infrastructure standards. (5%)
o Provides technical consultation, training and support to IT staff as designated by director. (5%)
· Education and/or Experience Expectations:
o Vocational degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university and/or 1+ years related experience in computer sciences.
o Basic experience with ITIL-based Incident, Change & Release Management processes, and/or previous systems engineering/IT service desk experience in a highly matrixed, technology-centric business highly desired.
· Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
o Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification preferred
o Microsoft, Cisco, and VMWare certifications are a plus, but not required
The Foundling offers an industry-leading benefits package, including: 4 weeks of paid time off, 12 paid holidays, 403(B) retirement plan with savings match, tuition reimbursement program of up to $4000/year, regular professional development and training, significantly subsidized health insurance and employee wellness program. Apply now to join the greatest social service agency, where the work you do every day helps empower the children and families of New York!
We invite you to join our dedicated & diverse workforce by applying directly at https://re31.ultipro.com/NEW1025/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=3053.
Minimum Education Required