58 East 68th Street
The program assistant will support the work of the Corporate Affairs department, which administers the Corporate Program, and is the Council’s primary point of contact with the private sector. The Corporate Program raises more than $6 million through its membership program, which offers a forum for executives from approximately 140 leading global business and financial firms to explore issues at the nexus of business and foreign policy.
Qualified candidates will have related experience that required exceptional attention to detail, the ability to prioritize, sound judgment, and the highest level of discretion.
The major responsibilities of this position include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining the email inbox and phone line for the Corporate Program, including serving as the initial point of contact for executives from corporate member companies.
- Processing the email, web, and phone registrations for over 250 events per year; and troubleshooting general questions and routing specific inquiries to appropriate team members.
- Extensive use of the membership database to manage registrations, enter event attendance data, write and execute statistical queries, generate general database reports, and track audience development for upcoming events.
- Maintaining the corporate contact database, including updating contact information and profiles, tracking relevant interactions, and sending materials to contacts.
- Providing program and general administrative support to the Corporate Affairs department, including researching and preparing briefs, organizing background materials, and preparing vouchers for payment to vendors.
- Staffing Corporate Program and CFR-wide events, including early morning breakfasts and evening meetings, outside regular business hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with high academic achievement
- At least one year of administrative experience; experience working with high level executives and databases preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including exceptional writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively, both independently and on a team, and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel; Microsoft Dynamics database management experience a plus.
- Flexible schedule with availability to work early morning and evening events
Minimum Education Required