Details: This is a full time, benefits eligible position with generous paid time off. Salary range is $22.50-$25.03/hour DOQ.
Catholic Community Services’ Counseling, Recovery & Wellness (CReW) Program is a licensed community mental health and substance use disorder treatment program and provider of the King County Behavioral Health Organization (BHO). Our program focuses on serving adults with mental illness or co-occurring disorders to help improve individuals’ quality of life. This position would be embedded with the Catholic Community Services Rapid Rehousing Programs (RRH) providing services to Adults exiting homelessness into fair-market housing.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Mental Health Counselor works independently and as part of a team to provide outreach, individual psychotherapy and ongoing case management services to mentally ill adults, including those that are homeless and have co-occurring substance use disorders. Work occurs in a variety of settings, including housing sites, shelters, the streets and other community locations. This position would work collaboratively RRH Housing Case Managers to resolve barriers to housing stability and work collaboratively to support the Rapid Rehousing Program model.
- Meet or exceed qualifications for Mental Health Professional (as defined by WAC 388-877: a person with a Master’s in Social Work, OR with a Master’s degree in one of the social sciences along with two years of experience in direct services under the direct supervision of a mental health professional).
- Two years direct services experience with vulnerable populations including people in homelessness, with mental illnesses or substance use disorders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills with ability to maintain up to date and meticulous records.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, allowing for flexibility in role development and working as part of a multidisciplinary program.
- Support and uphold the mission, beliefs and values of Catholic Community Services and Catholic Housing Services.
- Demonstrate the necessary attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in multi-cultural situations.
- Criminal history background checks are required prior to employment.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Proof of negative TB test within past 12 months and ability or test within first six months of employment.
- Chemical Dependency Professional or Trainee certification
Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, EAP, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, Pension, 403B
Minimum Education Required