The District of Columbia College Access Program (DC-CAP) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase the number of Washington, DC, public high school students who enter and graduate from college. Specifically, DC-CAP provides: high school advisors at college information resource centers within all of the public and public charter schools in DC, college application assistance; financial aid assistance; parent education about the college application process; college retention advisors who support students once they’re in college to insure they will graduate; and scholarships to help defray the expense of attending college.
DC-CAP is seeking a Vice President of Development to lead the development efforts of the organization. Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer of DC-CAP the Vice President of Development will recruit, solicit and close major donations securing up to six figure multi-year gifts while managing a successful in-house development operation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Recruit, solicit and close major donations from corporations, foundations and high net worth individuals, securing up to six figure multi-year gifts;
- Oversee an in-house development operation including the training, mentoring and supervision of an effective staff;
- Develop and implement a diversified and robust long-term fundraising plan that meets the objectives of the organization efficiently. The fundraising program includes major individual, institutional, and leadership giving, events gift planning, direct mail, donor relations and stewardship, project research, and more;
- Cultivate prospects through presentations, meetings, proposals, reports, event sponsorships and regular communication and correspondence;
- Ensure that revenue targets are met according to plan;
- Manage and maintain the fundraising database, track proposals and reports, maintain a stewardship program for current funders, donors and prospects; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum ten years of development experience and proven track record of fundraising, prospect cultivation, solicitation and diversified revenue generation in the education and/or non- profit arena;
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree and in-depth knowledge of Capital Area business and philanthropic community, national funders and foundations is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solicit donors as well as successfully secure major gifts;
- Outstanding networking and relationship building skills and knowledge of effective fundraising techniques and practices;
- Excellent entrepreneurial leadership, communication, presentation, writing and interpersonal skills;
- Must have high energy, a capacity for innovative and creative thinking and be goal and results driven; and
- Proficiency with information technology, including Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
DC-CAP offers a competitive benefits, and compensation package. Please email resume, salary requirements and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone inquiries.
Minimum Education Required