132 West 65th Street
The New York Philharmonic seeks a Manager, Patron Program to oversee two fundraising groups: the New York Philharmonic’s Patron Program and the Young New Yorkers Program (ages 21-45). The Manager will work with the Director, Membership and Operations to develop and implement strategies for cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement and stewardship including benefits fulfillment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Oversee the day-to day administration of the Patron Program and Young New Yorker Programs.
- Create membership and fundraising collateral including solicitation, acknowledgment, and stewardship material.
- Maintain a portfolio of roughly 50 prospects and donors.
- Work with the Director of Membership and Operations and Manager, Friends Program to create a roster of donor events.
- Execute renewals, acquisitions, and additional fund mailings for the Patron and Young New Yorker Programs.
- Identify strategies to cultivate prospects and lapsed donors and maintain current donors.
- Draft personal correspondence to Patrons and Young New Yorkers and special acknowledgements as needed.
- Help support online and social media giving efforts and website content maintenance.
- Act as a liaison with outside vendors as needed.
- Participate in on and off site initiatives, attend member events, and visit the Patron lounge.
- Provide reports and analysis of Patron and Young New Yorker Programs to Director.
- Work with Departments throughout the Organization including Marketing, Finance and Digital Teams as needed for strategies.
- Work with Membership Associate on administrative tasks including fulfilling membership benefits, answering phone calls and emails, updating donor information in Tessitura database, generating reports, maintaining records and filing.
- Participate in special events as needed.
- Miscellaneous duties as required and assigned by Director of Membership and Operations.
The ideal candidate will have a college degree with 4+ years of fundraising/membership experience, preferably in a cultural institution. Strong computer and data skills preferred (Tessitura experience is highly valued). Outstanding writing/editing skills are essential; strong customer service orientation and effective communication skills, including the ability to successfully work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment, required. Some night and weekend work is required.
Founded in 1842, the New York Philharmonic is the oldest symphony orchestra in the United States, and one of the oldest in the world. Each season the Philharmonic connects with up to 50 million music lovers through live concerts in New York City and on its worldwide tours and residencies as well as with its digital recording series; international broadcasts on television, radio, and online; and as a resource through its varied education programs and expansive digital archive.
The New York Philharmonic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance, generous vacation and sick days, 403(B) plan match, commuter benefits, and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations to email@example.com.