For almost 50 years, Covenant House has served and advocated for youth and young families experiencing homelessness, human trafficking, and exploitation. Our overarching goal is to end homelessness among youth and young families by helping them achieve housing stability, heal from trauma, tap into their innate resilience, and hone their interests and skills to forge new pathways to independence. This work is carried out at Covenant House sites in 31 cities in the US, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua.
PRIMARY FUNCTION OF POSITION:
In support of Covenant House’s goal of becoming a data-informed Learning Organization that achieves positive outcomes for and with young people experiencing homelessness and human trafficking, the Research and Data Analyst will be responsible for supporting the creation of and refining a series of analytic approaches and tools for tracking process and outcome measures across our international federation.
Reporting to the Director of Data Analytics & Reporting, the Research and Data Analyst will provide support through statistical analyses, reporting techniques, and research methods – all in collaboration with a diverse array of headquarters and site-level staff and programs. They will possess superior data management and analytic skills, as well as an ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders to foster learning.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate in creating and/or strengthening systems for data collection, management, reporting, and analysis.
- Assist with the compilation of quarterly data and KPI reports for management, the Board, sites, and external audiences.
- Partner in the design and creation of infographics, dashboards, and other reports and data visualization tools.
- Analyze program performance against benchmarks as well as trends within and across sites on a regular basis.
- Visualize data and analysis in appropriate visualization tools, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, and similar applications.
- Develop and produce reports in Social Solutions’ Efforts-to-Outcomes (ETO), which incorporates SAP Business Objects WebIntelligence, as well as other statistical software programs.
- Support work to integrate ETO data into a data warehouse and other platforms (e.g., Tableau) for analysis/visualization.
- Assist programs, through training and other technical assistance, at both the individual site and CHI levels with accessing and analyzing data to inform strategic and programmatic decisions.
- Advise the agency on technology and reporting needs to maximize efficiency and support a culture of using data as a management tool.
- Research topics related to youth homelessness in order to identify best practices or opportunities to increase internal/external awareness
- Support the development of a series of issue/research briefs as well as any ongoing or new research partnerships and initiatives.
- Some field work at Covenant House locations in the United States, Canada, and Latin America may be required.
- All other duties as assigned by Director – Data Analytics & Reporting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in data analysis, development of statistical reports, and data visualization.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel is required and familiarity with coding is preferred.
- Experience with ETO, SAP Business Objects WebIntelligence, Tableau, Microsoft Access, SPSS, and/or SQL is a plus.
- Track record of strong analytic, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to effectively translate technical and analytic issues and concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Customer service orientation; ability to work collaboratively; ability to understand data needs from the perspectives of various audiences.
- Ability to create and maintain strong interdepartmental relationships to advance the mission of the organization and ensure positive outcomes.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Comfort performing hands-on work as well as assisting in strategic projects.
- Results-oriented perspective and commitment to operational excellence.
- Mission driven orientation with exceptional partnership and collaboration skills and a strong commitment to Covenant House’s cause.
- Our offices are located in Manhattan; however, this position can be remote with some travel to NY and sites in US, Canada and Latin America as needed.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A BA or BS in information systems, social or health sciences, or a related field and a minimum of two (2) or three (3) years of related experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
Our critical mission demands that we have all voices at the table. A team of diverse people, perspectives, and experiences is smarter, stronger, and more effective for our young people. At Covenant House, every team member is valued, respected, heard, and supported, and we welcome honest and courageous self-reflection on any aspects of our work that are based on biased or outdated viewpoints. We deliberately create opportunities for our staff to grow and thrive. If you are fun, dynamic and hardworking come join our awesome international team in an organization with a heart! Our offices are located in Manhattan; however, this position will be remote for the foreseeable future.