Details: Salary range: $32,000-36,000 DOE (equivalent full-time salary of $64,000-$72,000)
At Washington Nonprofits, we believe in the power of strong nonprofits to strengthen their communities. Our mission is to make sure nonprofits have what they need to succeed. Washington Nonprofits has three main goals: deliver high impact learning opportunities for nonprofits of all sizes, be a voice for nonprofits in public policy, and convene nonprofits in ways that strengthen their impact. We achieve these goals with a strong commitment to equity, inclusion, and respect for regional differences. This position will play a vital role in achieving these goals.
The Operations Director works with the Executive Director and the other members of the leadership team to translate the organization’s strategic goals into action. The Operations Director will ensure that Washington Nonprofits has strong systems, policies and processes in place to support our work strengthening nonprofits across Washington state. He or she will provide leadership in the areas of finance, day-to-day operations and human resources management, within the bounds of a half-time position.
- Provide oversight to agency fiscal functions, including serving as agency liaison to a full-charge bookkeeping services and ensuring accurate and timely monthly and year-end reporting.
- Develop and manage the agency budget in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Partner with the ED to ensure accurate and timely financial information is available to management and the board of directors; respond to internal and external financial inquires.
- Assist with contract management and grant reporting
Human Resources Management
- Provide oversight to agency HR functions, including serving as agency liaison to a Professional Employer Organization overseeing payroll and expense reimbursement; maintain employee personnel files as needed.
- Manage recruiting and hiring processes in alignment with the organization’s values
- Develop systems, policies and procedures for managing interns and volunteers
- Monitor progress toward strategic plan goals, support the ED in the development of meaningful success measures and reports for the board and community
- Participate as a member of WN’s management team, problem solving and taking on tasks that move the organization forward.
1. Develop, review and make recommendations for agency-wide operational systems, policies and processes, including fiscal, HR.
2. Oversee day to day operations to ensure effectiveness and efficiency, includes identifying and selecting appropriate technology options, managing facility needs or ordering supplies.
3. Ensure that Washington Nonprofits remains in legal compliance (annual local, state and federal filings) and keeps appropriate records, working in partnership with professional accounting and employer contractors.
1. Support and coordinate with membership staff, advocacy and learning programs, including support for annual conferences or other key events.
2. Work on special projects as needed throughout the year; including building organizational systems and infrastructure.
3. Occasionally represent the organization at events, which may include some travel throughout Washington State.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years relevant and progressively responsible work experience
- In-depth knowledge of the nonprofit sector
- Experience working with diverse populations and commitment to equity
- Strong communication skills
- Proven planning and analytical skills to evaluate organizational issues and recommend next steps/solutions
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks. Experience with SalesForce or equivalent data management systems preferred.
- Commitment to our mission and belief in the value of nonprofits as drivers of social justice, benefit, and change
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and priorities effectively and professionally
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to travel and current driver’s license required. Access to a vehicle preferred.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position of Operations Director.
Reports to: Laura Pierce, Executive Director
Location: Working at our Seattle office is preferred, but we are willing to consider a strong candidate interested in working remotely from another location in Washington state.
Why work at Washington Nonprofits?
Washington Nonprofits is a nimble, growing organization that impacts the success of nonprofits across the state. You will be working with a great team and have a flexible work schedule.
For more information about Washington Nonprofits, visit www.washingtonnonprofits.org.
Half-time salaried position with generous paid time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please upload a cover letter and resume using this link. (It is preferred that attachments are labeled YourName_CoverLetter or YourName_Resume.) Resumes received by April 25 will receive priority consideration. We will accept applications until position is filled.
Washington Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.