601 South Figueroa Street
ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter school organization in Los Angeles, serving nearly 13,000 low-income scholars across 25 free public middle and high schools on 28 campuses. In our 14th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though our scholars come to Alliance on average four grade-levels behind in reading, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college—including 77% to a four-year university in 2017. We strive to truly change the life trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree. We also value our people, illustrated by being in the top 10% of Gallup’s global Best Place to Work survey.
Join us at Alliance and you can expect to be part of an innovative organization made up of talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want strong collaborators, skilled communicators, and avid problem solvers who are comfortable in a culture of continuous learning and who are excited to implement fresh ideas and unique solutions in service of our scholars and families. Now is the time to join us and make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
At Alliance, we believe that all of our students, including our most vulnerable, can achieve at a high level. The Design Specialist, Mathematics will report directly to the Director of Mathematics and be part of Alliance’s Academic Team. He or she will be charged with designing key elements of the grades 6-12 academic program for Mathematics, including curricular support resources, interim assessments, and professional development sessions for teacher and leaders. He or she will work in collaboration with Mathematics School Support Specialists and the Director of Mathematics to improve the quality of math instruction and scholar achievement across our schools.
- Serve as resident mathematics expert on grades 6-12 math content, standards, curricular materials and resources
- Revise and create Common Core State Standards (CCSS) aligned curricular materials in response to student achievement data, including curricular maps and unit plans
- Create resources to support teachers and leaders with curriculum implementation, such as lesson internalization protocols
Assessment Design and Data Analysis
- Manage the creation and revision of network-wide interim assessments
- Create materials and systems for leaders and teachers to effectively use data to drive instruction
- Deeply analyze student achievement data (student work samples, interim assessments and AP tests) to identify improvements to curricular materials and provide targeted training for teachers and leaders
Professional Development Design and Facilitation
- Design and facilitate high-quality, relevant mathematics professional development sessions for leaders and teachers that translate into immediate, measurable improvements in instruction and student achievement
- Collaborate with School Support Specialists to design professional development that targets trends observed at school sites
THE STRONGEST CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A commitment to Alliance’s core beliefs and educational philosophy
- A strong track record of increasing student achievement at the classroom and/or school levels
- Deep content and pedagogical expertise in grades 6-12 mathematics, including the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) - Mathematics, aligned instructional shifts, and exemplary math instruction
- Deep knowledge of effective, CCSS-aligned curriculum and assessment materials
- Exceptional design skills, including curriculum, assessment, and adult learning sessions
- Strong data analysis skills, and an unwavering commitment to data-driven instruction
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues and school staff and build strong relationships with others to develop common goals and drive toward solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities from a variety of sources, as well as organize and prioritize effectively to impact areas of greatest need
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required
- At least four (4) years of successful mathematics teaching experience, preferably in high-need schools or with high-need populations
- At least one (1) year of curriculum and/or assessment design experience
- At least one (1) year of experience designing and facilitating professional development for adult learners
We will consider a candidate with a minimum of two years of teaching experience if there is at least two (2) years of relevant prior work experience and exceptional student achievement outcomes.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, as well as an employer-sponsored 403b plan annual contribution equal to 5% of regular earnings, and comprehensive health benefits packages, including dental and vision. Alliance covers 100% monthly premiums for individual employees or up to $900/month toward family plan premiums.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools are free public charter schools which do not discriminate against any student, parent, community member, or employee on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.