134 E Colonial Dr
Community Organizer, Orlando
Sr. Lead Organizer, Orlando and/or Regional Director, Central Florida
Organize Florida is a progressive, community-based organization engaged in and committed to building power to effect change in times of injustice, maintain and protect our existing rights in the state of Florida whenever and wherever injustices are being committed or civil rights are being infringed upon.
The Organize Florida Education Fund is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that both trains and develops leaders and organizes families in low-to moderate-income communities in Florida. Our vision is for these communities to become critically engaged in the political system in order to create a more just and equitable society.
Organize Florida seeks a highly motivated, talented, and dynamic individual to serve as a Community Organizer in the Orlando region. The organizer will be responsible for building a strong base of community members to build power in their assigned area. Additionally, s/he engage and recruit members and help develop leadership among members.
· Represent Organize Florida in a professional manner to the community.
· Support the development and implementation of various campaigns.
· Build out a base of low income and people of color residents.
· Identify and recruit members for Organize Florida.
· Assist in identifying and developing leadership among members
· Assist with building out issue committees.
· Work with the Sr. Lead Organizer and/or the Regional Director to develop strategies and a vision to win.
· Participate in and conduct trainings as a part of professional development.
· Continuously update and maintain data related to membership, trainings and campaigns.
· Support civic engagement work.
· Work with Organize Florida partners for joint actions, trainings, campaigns.
· Prepare and submit regular and ad hoc reports.
· Coalition building and outreach to solicit participation of members into the Leadership Development Path.
· Commitment and passion for social, racial and gender justice;
· 2 years of experience in community, labor, or grassroots organizing;
· Understanding of issues facing low income and minority communities;
· Comfort with the implementation of a range of organizing strategies and tactics;
· Willingness to work on local issue campaigns along with contributing to possible statewide and national campaigns.
· Self-motivated – proven ability to work independently
· Ability to be a team player and work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
· Excellent communication skills
· Dedication and ability to work flexible hours
· Fluency in Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a cover letter detailing how you heard about the position and resume with salary requirements to OrganizeNowHiring@gmail.com with subject: Community Organizer, Orlando. No phone calls please.
A competitive salary will be offered, with a benefits package that includes health insurance, seniority raises, 401k, paid vacation and paid time off. This position will be based in assigned region, with frequent travel to Orlando headquarters office.
Organize Florida is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ strongly urged to apply. Bilingual candidates urged to apply.