Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Operations
Project Evident exists to help organizations harness the power of evidence to achieve greater impact. We do this by offering a comprehensive platform of tools, resources, and services to help state education agencies, local education agencies, nonprofits and funders improve how they measure, evaluate, and report results, while strengthening their ability to act using this evidence.
Project Evident strives to be a trusted partner – to practitioners, funders, and other stakeholders committed to stronger, meaningful, and equitable outcomes for communities and individuals so that all can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential.1 We believe in the power of data and evidence to address social and racial justice, and seek to advance a next generation ecosystem for actionable evidence building and use. We live into our mission through our values, specifically:
● Practitioner Focused - We center on practitioners, and ground our work in their needs and contexts. We help practitioners strengthen meaningful and equitable outcomes for the communities and individuals they serve, and lift up their work so it can be better understood and supported by funders and policy makers.
● Committed to Learning, Inclusion, and Transparency - We are frank, honest, and compassionate with our colleagues, clients, funders, and stakeholders. We seek input and feedback from a wide range of voices and share our learnings openly with others. We recognize that evidence is not immune from the racism and inequities that exist in our society, and strive to understand the context in which we operate and to uphold the principles of belonging, dignity, and justice through our work.
1 Language drawn from PolicyLink’s definition of equity with their permission.
● Smart, Warm, Approachable and Productive -
○ Smart - we strive to find practical, implementable solutions
○ Warm - we bring heart and positivity to our work and work through discomfort
○ Approachable - we keep open and curious minds, welcoming differing viewpoints and valuing the ideas and experiences of our partners.
○ Productive - we hold ourselves accountable to the goals and timelines we set with our colleagues and partners, and course correct as needed
● Oriented to Actionable Evidence - We build and use relevant and timely data and evidence with our partners and ourselves to continuously learn, improve, and make meaningful, equitable, and cost effective decisions.
Position Summary – Administrative Operations Coordinator
The Administrative Operations Coordinator will ensure smooth coordination and support for administrative, financial, business development, HR and technology operations. This role comes at a key time in the trajectory of Project Evident as a high performing and inclusive organization and will support responsibilities related to the strategic growth plan, evolving infrastructure and culture, and successful transition to independence from our Fiscal Sponsor.
The Administrative Operations Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Operations and with a dotted line to the Associate Director, Finance & Controller and will work with a distributed, collaborative high-impact team to ensure excellent operations to serve the organization. The Administrative Operations Coordinator will provide support for key operational (HR, administrative) processes, support team meetings, performance reporting, data collection, learning processes, and maintain the PE tech stack and hardware inventory. The Administrative Operations Coordinator will serve as point person for Salesforce and coordinate, implement and streamline Project Evident’s technology suite to facilitate greater operational efficiencies. This role will also work with the Assistant Finance Director & Controller with the responsibility of maintaining the Harvest time tracking system, employee time forecasting, and Project Evident SKUs. The incumbent will also assist with the processing of invoices and vendor payments while ensuring all vendor and client agreements are up-to-date. This role will also interface with business development leads to support fundraising and market research and reporting.
To be successful in this role requires a high level of organization and ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects across diverse stakeholders with competing deadlines. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work independently, is open to feedback, seek clarification, manage work from start to finish, meeting all deadlines and communicate clearly, openly and in a timely manner.
As a member of the operations team, this role requires high level of customer service, critical attention to detail and a commitment to Project Evident’s values of inclusivity, justice and principles of “Smart Warm, Approachable and Productive.” This position also requires experience and ease in learning and using a variety of online tools and software.
Administrative & HR Operations 60%
● Creates and manages decks for internal team presentations, including all team meetings.
● Lead and facilitate trainings for various software and as a part of the onboarding process.
● Helps schedule, coordinate planning and deliver standing team meetings and retreats to ensure that learning, reporting, belonging, dignity and justice, and culture strengthening goals are met.
● Supports recruiting and onboarding of new staff by coordinating materials, meetings, job postings and schedules for recruiting and on-boarding in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
● Responsible for maintaining operations handbook and partnering with the Director of Operations and Assistant Finance Director to inform staff on organizational policies.
● Creates, administers, and reports on quarterly staff climate surveys utilizing Lattice performance management system.
● Facilitates and supports the use of Lattice for the purpose of executing performance management activities i.e input of overall organizational goals, bi-annual reviews, 360s etc.
● Help coordinate and maintain accurate tracking of Objectives and Key Results reporting to produce relevant data and reports for managers.
● Generates accurate reports i.e business development pipeline statistics, CRM, close rate, impact and others on a timely basis.
● Maintains talent and skills bank providing reports to management.
● Coordinate with Communications team to include Operations specific information on Project Evident portal
● Partners with the Director of Operations to continually identify causes of operational inefficiencies and implement improvements.
Financial Operations 20%
● Responsible for setting up and updating projects and codes in Harvest time tracking software and making sure all employee/ contractor time is recorded in Harvest timely.
● Manage and make timely updates to employee time forecasting system (i.e., Forecast module in Harvest) to support staff allocation projections and provide consistent quality reports to management.
● Maintain and update Project Evident SKUs, using information from Harvest and other sources regarding average time spent on individual SKUs, average costs to execute, and demand.
● Responsible for maintaining the finance handbook and partnering with the Assistant Finance Director and Director of Operations to inform staff on finance policies.
● Assist in processing of invoices and vendor payments.
● Maintain an updated list of contractor/vendor information.
● Maintain all vendor and client contracts, ensure all agreements are up-to-date and alert management when the end date of the contract is approaching.
Technology Operations 15%
● Maintains Project Evident tech suite, which includes and is not limited to: serving as the administrator, setting up accounts for new staff for key operations systems, i.e. Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Outlook, Harvest, Lattice, Asana, Salesforce, Tableau, Slack, etc.
● Maintains current inventories of and ensures payment for all software licenses and hardware assets for the PE team to have what it needs to execute.
● Manages general emails including @careers, @info and others as assigned.
● Supports the roll out of new software tools, codification of practices, and training of current and new staff.
Other Duties 5%
● Conducts research on potential business development leads including grants research and RFP scans and reports to the business development on a regular and timely basis.
● Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
● 3+ years of office and managing multiple projects simultaneously in an operations setting.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working in an operations role
● High proficiency using office productivity software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, One Drive, and Teams), Google Suite, Salesforce, Zoom, and Slack.
● Commitment to the mission of Project Evident.
● Experience in the nonprofit sector.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Extremely strong organizational and time management skills, ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task and both start and complete projects on tight deadlines.
● Proactive self-starter with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and meet collaboratively in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
● Brings impeccable attention to detail and high standards for accuracy.
● Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate ideas orally and in writing.
● Commitment to excellence and the time required of a high performing culture
● Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment, working across teams and multiple stakeholders with evolving priorities;ability to use interpersonal skills (rather than direct authority) to influence, and support colleagues.
● Solutions oriented with demonstrated ability to identify, anticipate, and resolve challenges, seek clarification and support, while maintaining positive relationships internally and with partners.
● Ongoing commitment to belonging, dignity, and justice
● Commitment to ongoing learning, feedback and improvement.
● Demonstrated commitment and ability to handle sensitive information and situations with poise, tact, and diplomacy.
● Demonstrated ability to learn and be proficient in new technology (e.g., NetSuite, Salesforce, Lattice, etc.) quickly.
The Administrative Operations Coordinator reports to the Director of Operations with a dotted line to the Assistant Finance Director & Controller and works collaboratively with staff, clients, contractors and vendors on a weekly basis to meet goals in line with organizational values.
● Ability to work with a virtual team based in Boston or Atlanta preferred ● Expected to work 40-50 hours per week
● Travel several times a year.
Submission and Interview Process
Candidates wishing to be considered for this position, must submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that applicants with qualifying disabilities may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Project Evident, a project of Tides Center, is an “at-will” and equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender (including pregnancy and gender expression) identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Operations
Project Evident exists to help organizations harness the power of evidence to achieve greater impact. We do this by offering a comprehensive…