The Membership Development Manager oversees the strategic development and implementation of membership programs for America’s Automotive Trust (AAT) and its affiliates and is responsible for maintaining and growing the membership base, leading the planning of engagements and works to cultivate and maintain key member relationships.
This position reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement (VPIA), oversees the work of membership staff and requires discretion to make decisions supporting the organization’s objectives and departmental goals. The Manager must be able to work independently under minimal supervision with general instructions to fulfill the responsibilities described herein. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Creating, executing and evaluating comprehensive membership development programs, individual and corporate level benefits, solicitation and retention strategies, budget, and revenue goals; Planning and executing an active calendar of membership events and activities including previews, member-only engagements, driving tours, cruise-ins, and socials as well as special Club Auto level events; Other duties related to annual giving and membership growth.
The Membership Development Manager will be responsible for the following major responsibilities:
1. Developing and implementing a comprehensive Membership Program that focuses on new member recruitment, retention, and the upgrading of membership renewal levels through the implementation of active cultivation and retention initiatives;
a. Establish community outreach and special events, including: Member previews, Member’s only initiatives, Driving tours, Cruise-ins, and Member socials;
b. Cultivate relationships with mid-level donors to grow the Membership Program;
2. Collaborating with the Advancement team to keep up-to-date with trends, benchmarking, best practice, professional standards, regulations and new concepts and ideas within the field of Annual Giving and Membership Development;
3. Collaborating with the Advancement team to create and implement all membership processes, systems, and timelines for mailings and email communications including: renewals, upgrades, invitations, general communications, web content, emails, e-blasts, appeals and special marketing materials, and collaborates with the Marketing Department for final creative design and branding compliance and developing and executing a plan for reciprocal member and employee programs that add benefit to memberships.
4. Drafting, implementing, and monitoring AAT’s Membership Development budget including tracking income and expenditures, authorizing disbursements, financial analyses, and preparing reports;
5. Serving as a primary liaisons for Club Auto in the PNW;
The incumbent for this position must be at least 21 years of age and possess: a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related degree, with a minimum of three (3) years development and/or database, event creation and facilitation experience, including a minimum of two (2) years leadership/managerial experience. Experience working in a CRM system, such as Altru, is preferred. Education and relevant experience may substitute one for the other on a year for year basis. The incumbent must be a team player able to work independently and collaboratively among all ATT and affiliates’ departments.
1. The ability to pass an in-depth background investigation including criminal history, employment and education records, and personal references;
2. A solid proficiency in the English language with professional abilities in oral and interpersonal communications. Bilingual abilities are preferred;
3. Intermediate to advanced skills in M.S. Word, Excel, and Outlook;
4. An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with high expectations for professional outcomes;
5. A proven ability to multi-task and prioritize competing tasks while meeting deadlines;
6. A willingness to maintain scheduling flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work;
7. The skill and ability to work independently with general instruction and minimal supervision while maintaining a team oriented approach and attitude;
8. The skills and ability to positively and professionally function as part of a team environment and promote teamwork with a positive and solution-focused attitude;
9. The interpersonal skills, sensitivity, and ability to professionally interact with a diverse range of people of all ages, socio-economic groups, and personality types;
The ability to: Work on the computer for extended periods of time; Visually inspect, compare, and analyze written data; Read and interpret instructional material; Communicate clearly in both verbal and written forms; and, lift and transport up to 25 lbs. periodically.
The Membership Development Manager oversees the strategic development and implementation of membership programs for America’s Automotive Trust (AAT) and its affiliates and is responsible for maintaining and growing the membership…
Medical, dental, vision, basic life, voluntary life, flexible spending account, 403(b) retirement plan with match, employee discounts, 80 hours sick leave/year, 80 hours vacation leave/year plus earn 8 hours additional vacation each anniversary.
Medical, dental, vision, basic life, voluntary life, flexible spending account, 403(b) retirement plan with match, employee discounts, 80 hours sick leave/year, 80 hours vacation leave…