1899 L Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Catalogue for Philanthropy: Greater Washington (Catalogue) is the region's only locally-focused guide to giving and volunteering. Since 2003, the Catalogue has raised more than $40 million for our network of vetted charities. Each year, nearly 30,000 individuals receive our print Catalogue, 75,000 receive our “mini-catalogue”, and thousands more visit our website. In 2017, our marketing and communications outreach helped our partners raise nearly $4 million with $400k raised on Giving Tuesday alone.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is a unique opportunity to join a team of talented and committed colleagues working to grow the Catalogue’s presence and awareness in the DC region. The individual in this position will play a crucial role to increasing the awareness of, and resources for, the Catalogue and our nonprofit partners.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in marketing/communications/public relations with demonstrated success.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and deadline driven.
- Strong relational skills; proven collaborator and team player.
- Strong computer skills. Experience with WordPress and MailChimp a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or public relations preferred.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the Executive Director and Development Director to develop, implement, manage, and execute an annual communications and marketing plan that promotes the Catalogue and our nonprofit partners.
- Build awareness by identifying opportunities to highlight the work of the Catalogue and our nonprofit partners to current stakeholders/donors and new audiences.
- Spearhead and lead the Catalogue’s Giving Tuesday campaign which raised over $400k for our nonprofit partners in 2017.
- Assist nonprofit partners with their communication and marketing efforts and strategies, as needed.
- Partner with the Executive Director to manage team of PR and digital consultants. Work with consultants to identify PR opportunities for the Catalogue and our nonprofit partners.
- Manage media opportunities to highlight the Catalogue and our nonprofit partners, for example, in the City Paper, the Washington Monthly, etc.
- Analyze marketing and communication efforts and recommend strategies to improve effectiveness and return on investment.
- Serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the Catalogue in the community-at-large.
- Work with the Catalogue team to create marketing materials used to promote the Catalogue and our nonprofit partners.
- Work with Development Director to keep website content current and engaging.
To see the full job announcement, visit: www.cfp-dc.org/cfpdc/careers.php
- Three weeks of vacation plus federal holidays.
- Short-term and long-term Disability insurance.
- Employer sponsored dental and health insurance (employee pays %)
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Metro travel reimbursement
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested individuals should submit:
- Cover letter,
- Three writing samples, and
- Two or three graphic designs you either created or played a significant role to create (if available).
Please submit to: Bob Wittig, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org