About Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table
Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table (“the Table”) is a state-based collaboration of nonpartisan civic engagement organizations in Florida. The Table’s nonpartisan mission is to engage historically underrepresented communities in the democratic process.
Florida 501(c)(3) Civic Engagement Table is a fiscally sponsored project of State Voices, a national network that encompasses nonpartisan civic engagement tables in 20 states.
- Service voter file requests for partners including counts, universe recommendations, and exports
- Support field staff and voter contact programs
- Organize and conduct trainings on a voter file platform (VAN) as well as timely technical assistance.
- Support coalition coordination by tracking organizational programs and identifying gaps in collective strategy.
- Administer, support, and train users on voter file systems (Catalist and VAN) and other online organizing tools.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the State Directors and Data and Targeting Director.
- Assist our table partners in conducting voter registration programs that meet the highest possible standards
- Ensure relevant data points from voter registration programs are captured and entered into the appropriate database
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- 1-2 years’ experience in labor, political or community organizing, and political campaigns preferred.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail oriented and meet deadlines.
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving and the ability to think independently and creatively.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, oral and written communications skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- VAN (Voter Activation Network) skills needed
- Excel skills preferred. Familiarity with online electoral tools such as Catalist and constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
- Experience conducting training on technical matters in a clear, engaging manner.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please indicate “FL Data Associate” in the email subject line. Resumes will be accepted on a rolling basis.
About State Voices
State Voices is creating a fair and just society by advancing racial equity and making our democracy more accessible, inclusive, and representative. Our network of permanent, nonpartisan state coalitions works with hundreds of grassroots organizations to break down barriers to civic participation and bring underrepresented and marginalized populations - and their issues - to the center of public discourse.
Both nationally and in the states, we are nurturing a community of collaboration, innovation, and equity that builds the capacity of our partners and amplifies their impact.
Since 2008, State Voices has been a national leader in nonpartisan civic engagement. We employ the principles of collective impact, unifying change agents from different sectors around common goals to strengthen our democracy, building the capacity of partners with shared resources, and amplifying the voices of the underrepresented. We work in states to strengthen grassroots efforts by making efficient use of limited resources, promoting best practices, and achieving solutions no one group could achieve on its own.
State Voices sustains a dynamic ecosystem of 20 state tables comprised of 784 partner organizations in the following states: Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, and California through the San Diego Metropolitan Area table. We also train and support an additional 214 partner groups in at-large states through our Tools For All Program.
State Voices provides the organizations in our network with the tools and support they need to help create a healthy and thriving democracy. We advance this work through three (3) national programs: Civic Engagement (voter registration and turnout, issue advocacy and constituency engagement), Civic Access (voting rights and election administration) and Civic Representation (census, redistricting and “clean elections”). For more information about State Voices, please visit www.statevoices.org.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at State Voices, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.