Start Date: July 2018
Location: Harlem, NY
Neighborhood Charter School: Harlem is one of the highest performing charter schools in New York City. NCSH is looking for a highly motivated, dedicated and knowledgeable High School Placement Counselor to join our team. The ideal candidate has leadership experience in a high needs community, strong knowledge of what it takes for scholars to achieve at the high school level and an unyielding belief that all children with succeed.
Mission of the School
Our mission is to provide the children of Harlem with new educational opportunities through a rigorous, comprehensive K-8 program that cultivates the intellectual, social and emotional development of each child. Our students, who will include high-functioning children with autism spectrum disorders, will become independent learners and critical thinkers, will acquire the academic skills that they need to succeed in college preparatory high schools and will exhibit the social and emotional skills that will allow them to reach their full potential.
The Network Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director. The Network Assistant will work with the network team to design systems and structures to support the school and the replication of our new school, Neighborhood Charter School Bronx, which opens in August 2019. The network team is led by the Executive Director and consists of a Chief of Operations, Director of Talent and Director of Finance.
• Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree strongly desired in related field (human relations, communications, management, etc.)
• Experience working in an urban area with an unyielding belief in city schools
• Personal and professional dedication to public education and high expectations for scholars in New York City
• Excellent communication skills
• Impeccable organization skills
• Strong grasp of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, no excuses environment
• Self-starter and motivated to “think outside of the box”
• Ability to work long hours, which includes early arrival and late departure
• Have high expectations for self and other staff members
• Ability to “connect” with staff, families, community and scholars
• Ability to address large crowds of people with superior speaking abilities
$50,000 plus full benefits
E-mail cover letter and resume to Alison Rosnick, Director of Talent: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please type “Network Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail.
The Neighborhood Charter School of Harlem is an equal opportunity employer
Minimum Education Required