1231 Lafayette Avenue
The Business Outreach Center (BOC) Network is a micro-enterprise/small business development organization located in NYC dedicated to providing individual counseling, training and access to capital to support minority, immigrant and women entrepreneurs.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the WBC Director oversees and is responsible for delivering training content, planning and managing the day-to-day administrative functions that include data collection and statistics in The Bronx and Upper Manhattan in collaboration with management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Promote the growth of women and minority-owned businesses through bilingual programs that address business training and technical assistance, and provide access to credit and capital, business startups and expansion, procurement and trade.
- Ensure the WBC Project and services are delivered in accordance with SBA’s Office of Women’s Business Ownership policies, regulations and statutes.
- Evaluate the needs of women and minority-owned businesses and translate that evaluation into innovative programs and services.
- Responsible for developing and implementing an annual strategic plan for the project related to WBC goals.
- Ensure all communications from the Office of Women’s Business Ownership are provided to appropriate parties of the BOC WBC and all relevant BOC business partners.
- Point of contact and liaison to the United States Small Business Administration (SBA).
- Organize and present trainings seminars, workshops, panels, roundtables and other events with a special focus on women entrepreneurs.
- Formulate and implement an efficient marketing strategy including WBC Advisory Committee that promotes the Women’s Business Center in the communities of the Bronx and Upper Manhattan.
- Travel within the metropolitan area is required as well as occasional travel to seminars/workshops or meetings outside the metropolitan area.
- Recruitment and screening of program participants.
- Conduct client interview, assessment of needs, referrals, and follow-up.
- Track client’s progress and prepare reports.
- Establish and maintain office systems and regular reporting, statistical, narrative that include monthly stats to SBA Regional New York Office.
- Assist in resource development related to BOC WBC goals.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Participate in regular BOC Network meetings, trainings and events.
- Be available and willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Degree in Public Administration, Economic Development, or Business Management with experience in economic development, small business development, or a similar field. BA/BS with 3-5 years relevant professional experience will be considered. 8+ years relevant professional experience may be substituted for degrees.
- Connections with businesses and not-for-profit organizations based in the Bronx and experience facilitating partnerships.
- Experience in any of the following: business needs assessment, coaching, and curriculum development, delivering trainings to adults, and building community partnerships.
- Experience working in a small business is highly desired.
- Familiarity with government funders, writing proposals and funding reports
- Experienced/comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
- Ability to work some evening and occasional weekend hours is required.
- Spanish language fluency a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a resume and a cover letter to Tiffany (email@example.com). The cover letter will outline how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the positions. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.