516 C Street NE
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
National Children’s Alliance (NCA) is the national association and accrediting body for Children’s Advocacy Centers (CACs). Formed in 1988, NCA has been providing support, technical assistance, and quality assurance for CACs, while serving as a voice for abused children for more than 30 years.
The Manager, Product Development & Communications reports to the Director of Communications and serves as an integral member of Communications & Media Relations team. The Manager, Product Development & Communications will be responsible for managing the development of training and technical assistance-related products, providing guidance and support within such projects to NCA departments and Collaborative Work Groups, and external communications activities in support of the adoption and use of these products. in meeting the training and technical assistance needs of NCA’s national network of CACs. The Manager, Product Development & Communications is also responsible for external communications activities that support the adoption and use of these products, creating and managing external communications content, and assisting with the development and execution of work plans and product launches.
Product Development, Management, and Support:
· Develop and launch select educational communications products and services including: brochures, guidebooks, video trainings, interactive trainings, and live online learning events.
· Launch and promote the use of educational communications products and services newsletters and other publications; web, e-news and other online communications; member information updates; and other channels.
· Strictly adhere to NCA’s brand standards and consistently produce high-quality, audience-directed content focused on the achievement of NCA’s strategic priorities.
· Serve as an ambassador for NCA within the CAC movement, building relationships with collaborative work group members, member CAC representatives, and external strategic partners, and with the goal to elevate the practice and knowledge of member CACs to expand and improve their service to children and families. Within NCA, this individual will also serve as an ambassador for the Communications & Media Relations Department to other internal departments, to ensure sensitive and thoughtful management of projects and products and the delivery of the high level of service and quality clients expect.
· Continually review the communications landscape and regularly provide updates on current trends, platforms, tactics, and strategies that may help the organization successfully reach audiences and drive them to action.
· Lead Collaborative Work Groups of field experts as NCA’s staff lead on specific projects, serving as the liaison between group chairs and members on one hand, and project sponsors including NCA senior and executive leaders on the other.
· Write, edit, and design content that engages member/professional audiences and leads to measurable action and elevated practice. In partnership with leadership, decide who, where, and when to disseminate educational products.
· Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of print and electronic resources related to training and technical assistance including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, fact sheets, reports, and policy briefs. Aspects of project management include managing vendors, deliverables, and internal relationships.
· Meet specific federal and private grant deliverables per funding agreements.
· Coordinate content updates—ensure that new and consistent training and technical assistance information (articles, links, stories, events, and other content) is regularly posted and updated.
· Identify operational challenges and emerging issues faced by the department, working with the Director to implement improvements and solutions to processes, to achieve operational and project goals measurably, on time, and within budget.
Knowledge and Skills Required
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required; an advanced degree is a plus.
· Minimum 5 years’ communications experience, ideally within a complex (number and variety of constituents) nonprofit entity, public-facing government agency, or business setting, covering areas such as digital content, information design, e-newsletters and e-blasts, video production, scriptwriting, interactive learning, publishing, live or online learning, product development, and project management.
· Extensive external writing and editing experience with a variety of print and online media.
· Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress CMS, and similar digital publishing tools.
· Must possess strong organizational, leadership, and staff development skills; the temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a pleasant and professional manner; and the ability to handle stress and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Relationship-builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence.”
· Experience managing contractors and vendors effectively.
· Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, Board members, members, donors, and other supporters.
· Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
· High energy and passion for National Children’s Alliance’s mission is essential.
Additional Skills AND RequireMENTS
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including knowledge of proper grammar, good vocabulary, spelling and proofreading skills.
· Self-starter able to work under pressure and prioritize workload with minimal supervision.
· High degree of sensitivity regarding confidential information.
· Ability to travel and occasionally work evenings and weekends.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
· Experience leading projects or developing tangible work products collaboratively;
· Experience supporting the communications needs of internal client departments directly;
· Formal project management training or skills;
· Skills in graphic art/design and information presentation/design;
· Experience and skills in video and/or audio production, including writing and technical production;
· Skills/experience in interactive learning/LMS platforms;
· A working knowledge of visual design principles such as typography, hierarchical document design/wireframing, organizational branding, data visualization, and online user experience (UX) design.
Work Environment/Physical Effort
· This work is primarily sedentary.
· Local and domestic travel required as needed
· Requires the ability to speak, hear, use a personal computer for standard business communications, and the ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Mngr Product Dev & Comm"
Minimum Education Required