The Director, Center for Applied Learning and Impact (DCALI) will work closely with the Chief Impact Officer and Chief of Staff and Strategy to help GLIDE achieve its strategic initiative of becoming an effective learning organization. The DCALI will take a lead role in a multi-departmental collaborative effort to build GLIDE’s capacities for systematic problem solving, experimentation with innovation, learning from our own history and experience, learning from best practices in the field, and transferring knowledge quickly and efficiently through the organization. The successful candidate will have experience creating and maintaining an outcomes-oriented organizational data culture, identifying and implementing creative metrics for complex societal problems, and developing organizational capacity for data driven decision making, impact measurement, and program data analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· BA degree with at least 8+ years’ experience, preferably in a non-profit environment (work experience in a complex programmatic environment) or a graduate degree with at least 5+ years’ experience, preferably in a non-profit environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Experience developing and implementing program evaluations including research tools, data collection and analysis, and report writing;
· Understands complexities of governmental contracts and foundation grants;
· Strategy/management consulting experience a plus but not required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Exceptionally strong communication skills;
· Proficiency in spelling, grammar and writing needed to draft detailed instructions, service plans, correspondence, memos, and other required documentation.
The physical demands described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Vision corrected in normal range;
· Hearing corrected in normal range. Ability to communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking;
· Able to use equipment typically found in an office environment. Uses standard office equipment and inputs and retrieves information from a computer. Uses computer keyboard with manual and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time;
· Activities that occur frequently are: sitting, standing, walking, and handling. Activities that occur infrequently are: bending, crouching, kneeling, twisting, reaching straight above and below shoulder level, carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds;
· Ability to sit for minimum periods of one hour at a time, and come and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day. Ability to move quickly to address emergency or potentially dangerous situations. Ability to move about the building and the organization as needed;
· As this position requires periods of sitting and repetitive use of a telephone, computer and other office equipment, this person must take frequent short breaks and integrate stretching into her/his daily duties to avoid musculoskeletal disorders;
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Community based social service office environment that serves residents who can struggle with their relationships to anger and fear in ways that can manifest as aggressive behavior;
· Potential exposure to a range of pests and other occupational hazards related to working in the Tenderloin;
· Noise level is moderate and lighting is conducive to completion of work;
· GLIDE is located in the Tenderloin, a high-crime neighborhood. Due to our surroundings, it is important to always be aware of what’s going on around you while walking around the neighborhood.
The Director, Center for Applied Learning and Impact (DCALI) will work closely with the Chief Impact Officer and Chief of Staff and Strategy to help GLIDE achieve its strategic initiative of becoming an effective learning organization. The…
GLIDE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At GLIDE, all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. We are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, differently-abled people and LGBT persons are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume for immediate consideration. Help us get to know you by including a note about yourself, plus any additional info that might be relevant!
GLIDE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental…