Full-Time (Tuesday-Saturday Schedule, 7 am - 3:30 pm)
Medical and Retirement Benefits
Since 1972 the mission of St. Francis Center is to feed, serve, and walk with the poor as a community of hope in the spirit of Saint Francis of Assisi. St. Francis Center seeks a volunteer coordinator to facilitate the organization’s growing community engagement efforts. We are seeking an outgoing team member who is energetic, highly organized, and an excellent verbal and written communicator.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Scheduling the appropriate number of volunteers for various programs
- Maintain awareness and anticipate program needs through communication with Development Manager and programs team in order to schedule the appropriate number of volunteers;
- Collaborate with Development and Program leadership to develop and maintain a comprehensive list of volunteer opportunities throughout the organization;
- Act as primary point of contact for all requests for volunteerism & collaborations including, telephone, voicemail, email and written requests in a timely manner;
- Promptly and accurately maintain the real-time volunteer calendar through Google Calendar, and volunteer opportunities on other sites;
- Plan, organize, manage group volunteer events
Assisting and directing volunteers in direct program services.
- Recruit, greet, train, and reflect with volunteer groups and individuals;
- Communicate mission and expectations to volunteers;
- Update volunteer-related material on-site, online, in the community, and on voicemail;
- Solicit involvement and coordinate regular communication with community partners
Cultivating volunteers to become financial and/or in-kind supporters
- Develop and maintain relationships with all volunteers including social, civic, and local organizations to establish an active network of volunteers and community resources;
- Convert volunteers to donors;
- Maintain complete and accurate records including volunteer hours, applications, policies, procedures, position descriptions, and standards of conduct;
- Assist with maintaining volunteer correspondence;
- Assist with volunteer recognition events and awards;
- Represent St. Francis Center at various volunteer events
Assisting with administrative assistance
- Answer incoming calls to the SFC main phone line and forward calls as necessary.
- Maintain social media, website, and e-fundraising initiatives.
The person in this position must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time, bend and lift up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these duties.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is highly preferred.
- Prior social media management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and fundraising a huge plus.
- Donor Management Software Experience is a plus.
- Compassionate toward guests served through programs and volunteers.
- Excellent organizational, research, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Organized with precise attention to detail.
- Outgoing and enthusiastic, ability to lead and instruct.
- Creative and enjoys thinking outside the box.
- Quick thinking, a problem solver, uses a proactive approach to situations.
- Compassionate towards guests and volunteers.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.
- English-Spanish bilingual (not required, but a plus).
- Excellent sense of humor (huge plus).
If interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter.