The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is seeking a President for its Connecticut market to join our dynamic team and do life changing work. We are calling on you to join us. Find your place in this movement. We need you. Together, we will create a world free of MS.
As President of the Connecticut market, you will engage community leaders throughout the territory in achieving Society priorities -- most importantly, in raising funds. You will passionately and effectively communicate about the Society's research, services and advocacy strategies and the Society's impact on the lives of people affected by MS. You would ensure a deep understanding of the communities in this territory and an ability to engage with a wide range of people. You will be based out of our office in Hartford, Connecticut.
You will ensure consistency in the implementation of operational plans--always contributing to continuous improvement. As a member of the Society Leadership and Management Team, you will ensure a Society-wide perspective and clearly articulate and model the Society culture. You will ensure the Society's operating principles are reflected in staff and volunteer behaviors. The trust and confidence in the Society of all constituent groups reflects your effectiveness.
For more information about the National MS Society, please visit our website at www.nationalmssociety.org
As President you will:
1. Ensure Leadership volunteer engagement in communities throughout the territory 40%
· Build trust and confidence in the Society as the leadership executive in an assigned territory.
· Develop and cultivate an active and engaged Board of Trustees and Community Engagement Committee.
· Coach and develop staff and volunteers to be effective at community engagement.
· Identify leadership volunteer talent for Society committees. Expand and deepen involvement of volunteers throughout the Society.
· Ensure a consistent experience for people affected by MS, volunteers and participants, regardless of where people live.
2. Drive revenue growth 40%
· Participate in setting and ensuring the achievement of revenue targets; using Society metrics, plans and tools for effective management and plan execution.
· Ensure the Board of Trustees supports and is engaged in the achievement of revenue targets.
· Ensure an active and engaged Donor Relations committee.
· Identify, cultivate, steward and recognize top relationships. Manage a portfolio of top relationships and participate in relationship management teams.
· Identify new and potential donors through community connections.
· Ensure effective volunteer event committees and volunteer engagement is aligned to Society revenue plans.
3. Increase operational effectiveness and capacity 20%
· Demonstrate a commitment to all Society staff growth and development. Actively participate in the professional development plans and activities of staff.
· Identify, develop and grow staff and volunteer capacity (skills and talents) to achieve measurable and sustainable results while removing obstacles.
· Ensure staff and volunteer leadership behaviors are aligned with Society Operating Principles; provide timely feedback and coaching to improve performance and behaviors.
· Participate in decision-making and professional development as a member of the Society Leadership and Management Team.
· Provide leadership in annual budget development.
· Ensure operations are effectively managed and aligned with Society practices; adhering to all Society policies and procedures.
· Maintain a strong sense of teamwork and foster a positive working environment.
The minimum qualifications you will bring to the role:
· BA/BS plus 10 years related experience, with a history of job growth and advancement, preferably with non-profit organizations.
· Experience working in a cross functional and complex reporting structure.
· Experience in special events and traditional fundraising with success in developing and cultivating relationships to secure gifts and contributions from individuals and corporations.
· Experience in community engagement and volunteer development.
· Experience in budget management, forecasting and resource development with a proven ability to meet financial goals. Responsible for financial monitoring; risk management and must ensure operations are conducted in accordance with Society policies and procedures.
· Successful track record in developing high performing staff teams and creating positive workplace environments. Knowledge of employee relations practices.
· Demonstrated success developing effective nonprofit boards.
· Must have strong executive presence in the community and can connect effectively with a wide range of constituents. Must be able to clearly describe the Society's impact in progress toward a world free of MS.
· Must travel as necessary to Society meetings and throughout the assigned territory.
· Must demonstrate superior skills in gaining the trust and confidence of a wide range of people, providing strong leadership without specific named authority.
· Constituent relationship management, and online meeting tools.
· Strong public speaking, presentation and writing skills required.
Estimated hiring compensation range is $122,000 - $140,000 based on a general compensation range. Final offers will be based on candidate geographic location and consider career experience and may vary from this range due to these and other factors.
Please submit an application including a cover letter and resume through our Career Center using the following link: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1109441&d=External#/
For additional information, please contact Eileen Williams, VP Recruitment at 212-476-0466 or Eileen.email@example.com
EOE / M / F / D / V
The National MS Society is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We strive to create a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We need you and your unique talents and perspectives to help us write the last chapter on MS.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a diverse pool of applicants for this position.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is seeking a President for its Connecticut market to join our dynamic team and do life changing work. We are calling on you to join us. Find your place in this movement. We need you…
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings. We value continuous learning and support your professional development through a Professional Development Assistance plan. You will join an incredible mission focused team of people!
You will have the opportunity for a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package that the Society provides to employees. Your benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off…