Details: The starting salary/rate for this position is $20.50 per hour.
About Treehouse: Join a team that is passionately committed to helping every child in foster care succeed in school and in life! Treehouse staff and volunteers improve educational outcomes for youth in foster care by providing direct service education support and access to essential needs that all kids equally deserve. We also work at the legislative level to help develop, lead, and pass landmark reforms to reduce the inequities in the system that limit our youth from achieving their full potential.
Treehouse is a well-loved, community-based agency uniquely committed to partnering with schools, government agencies, caregivers, social workers, and funders to change the trajectory of kids in foster care by helping them graduate high school at the same rate as their peers with a plan for the future.
We welcome alumni of care and encourage qualified individuals of every race, national origin, religion, age, disability or ability status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity and expression to apply.
Treehouse currently has an opening for a Education Advocate on our Education Program Services Team. This is a regular, full-time, non-exempt position covering all of King County.
About the job:
- Improve educational outcomes for youth in foster care by providing educational planning and advocacy
- This position works primarily with caregivers, social workers, and school staff (not directly with youth)
- Review educational history and systematically evaluate educational needs of each case on your caseload through interaction with caregiver, social worker, school staff and other service providers.
- Provide advocacy around school enrollment and continuity, appropriate education services, and appropriate discipline
- Work closely with appropriate individuals/groups to help ensure each youth’s educational rights are upheld under federal and Washington State law.
- Acquire consent forms and collect school records.
- Frequent travel inside coverage area to attend meetings on behalf of youth and to build relationships with schools, caregivers, social workers, and other service providers within those communities.
- Conduct training sessions for caregivers, social workers and community partners.
- Provide caregivers and social workers with resources to support student’s education and social emotional development and address other needs
- Schedule and facilitate interagency meetings, negotiate services, facilitate transportation plans, assist with credit transfer or retrieval, negotiate disciplinary appeals, etc.
- Maintain complete, accurate and updated case records for each youth in program database.
- Use the program database as a case management tool to monitor and record efforts on a daily basis.
- Report on case progress to supervisor and team on established schedule.
- Provide timely feedback, communication, and reports to social workers and caregivers.
- Provide recommendations on success stories to represent organizational mission upon request.
- Work remotely from the local Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) office and provide outreach and support to other DSHS offices in the area
Salary and Benefits: The starting salary/rate for this position is $20.50 per hour. Treehouse provides a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance paid by the employer. Paid holidays, staff appreciation days and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan are included. We offer a 403(b) plan with an employer match and dependent benefits are available. We also allow dogs at work and enjoy regular employee social events!
Applying for this position:
Submit cover letter and resume on our website at: http://www.treehouseforkids.org/about/careers/job-openings/. Once on this page click on “Job Openings” to see a list of open positions.
Treehouse is an equal opportunity employer. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application system as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Treehouse provides a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance paid by the employer. Paid holidays, staff appreciation days and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan are included. We offer a 403(b) plan with an employer match and dependent benefits are available. We also allow dogs at work and enjoy regular employee social events!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Once on this page click on “Job Openings” to see a list of open positions.