2362 Bancroft Way
East Bay Sanctuary Covenant is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and empowering low-income immigrants from under-served communities. East Bay Sanctuary Covenant (EBSC) offers a range of services, including legal assistance and capacity building, to more than 2,000 Bay Area immigrants.
EBSC is searching for a receptionist to join its team of dedicated staff members, interns, and volunteers. The receptionist will be largely responsible for communicating with clients over the phone and overseeing walk-in clients.
The Receptionist’s areas of responsibilities include:
● Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing information;
● Develop and organize a messaging system for EBSC’s lawyers and other staff members;
● Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, and helping them to sign-in;
● Under the supervision of EBSC’s legal staff, assist with services for walk-in clients;
● Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.;
● Weekly ordering of office supplies for the office and staff;
● Schedule appointments for residency, employment authorizations, TPS, and intakes;
● Assist staff with administrative tasks and phone calls;
● Coordinate with volunteers to have the mail sent out at the end of the day.
- Fluency in Spanish and English;
- Proven work experience in similar roles;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, work under tight deadlines, and work with little supervision;
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with limited resources;
- Minimum high school degree or equivalent.
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural setting;
- Passion for, and curiosity of, immigrant rights;
- Fluency or conversational in another language (e.g. French, Mayan Mam, Mandarin, Arabic).
Benefits & Salary
This is a full-time position with health care benefits. The receptionist is expected to work Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and 2 professional references to email@example.com Please write “Reception Position” in the subject line.