85 Melrose Street
Intake Specialist, Level Up!
Regular FT – 35 hours/week
$33,000 - $35,000, annually
Director of Workforce Development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Intake Specialist is responsible for welcoming clients for our Level Up! clients. Level Up! Is a workforce development program that provides career counseling, job readiness and adult education services. This position requires a high level of professionalism–in appearance, demeanor and in interacting with perspective clients, service providers, funding agencies, and community stakeholders. The Intake Specialist:
- Coordinates the intake process, reviews eligibility documentation, schedules appointments, makes referrals, and provides all individuals with information on community resources
- Screens and assesses individuals for program eligibility and determines the appropriate next steps for all individuals seeking assistance
- Reviews eligibility documentation to ensure compliance with contractual guidelines
- Coordinates with supervisor to schedule new client intakes
- Ensures that all client resources are up-to-date and available in reception area
- Perform periodic outreach activities to publicize the availability of services
- Ensures the reception area is well-maintained and safe; receives and sorts mail and deliveries
- Performs data entry, filing, copying and faxing of documents; ensures staff and clients sign daily logs; assists in preparing letters and documents for community based outreach activities
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor or program directors.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills .
- Knowledge of the NYC public benefits system, HRA and DHS.
- Experience working in non-profit organizations and commitment to social justice.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team
- Experience working in non-profit organizations and commitment to social justice
Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefits:
Accident, Disability and Specified Disease (Cancer) Insurance:
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Commuter Benefits Plan (CBP)
Workers’ Compensation Insurance
Holidays:12 holidays, annually
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
SUBMIT RESUME and COVER LETTER TO
Kesha Jagdeo, Director of Empowerment Services, email@example.com