200 5th Street
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provides overall direction and administration of all programs and services of the senior center and oversees the procedures followed by the staff to implement the programs and services.
· Monitors budget and inventory for the senior center.
· Supervises the operation of Food Program at site, may assist in kitchen as needed.
· Organizes program schedules, creates flyers and advertising for senior center programs and events.
· Develops, coordinates and leads groups and group programs.
· Locates and develops community resources.
· Works with funding source personnel, as appropriate.
· Provides case assistance, information and referrals, as appropriate.
· Keeps appropriate case notes, program and fiscal records.
· Collects and counts cash, and records receipts and prepares bank deposits.
· Supervises center staff and fills in for absent staff as needed.
· Supervises and evaluates staff and volunteers.
· Maintains and supervises use of equipment, supplies and facilities.
· Attends community, agency and staff meetings as designated.
· Handles other responsibilities as assigned and appropriate.
· Maintains petty cash accounts
- Graduate of an Accredited College or University with B.S.W. /or B.A./B.S. degree, or equivalent.
- Some prior group leadership experience, preferred.
- Good writing/ record keeping skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- May be required to work occasional evenings and/or weekends as assigned by Director of Community Based Programs or designee.
- Knowledge of Spanish may be helpful.
- Understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to serving clients and families.
- Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Minimum Education Required