Purpose of Position: Goddard Riverside is seeking a Superintendent to perform routine and extensive maintenance of the property’s exterior and interior. The superintendent will conduct preventative property maintenance. This position is responsible for maintaining clean and hygienic conditions of property.
Schedule: Monday through Friday; on call evenings and weekends required
Role, Responsibilities & Essential Duties
- Diagnose and solve maintenance issues in the apartment homes, exterior and common areas.
- Complete work orders in a timely manner.
- Respond to 24-hour emergency maintenance call; address all emergency promptly.
- Prepare vacant units for new residency.
- Monitor/perform daily maintenance of property grounds.
- Supervise maintenance staff.
- Ensure all common areas are clean and presentable.
- Routinely inspect building mechanical systems/equipment to ensure proper performance and functionality.
- Monitor and adjust controls that regulate building systems, such as air conditioning, boilers, etc.
- Maintain necessary logs in accordance with all federal, state and city regulation.
- Maintain records of schedule maintenance procedures.
- Oversee supply purchases and monitor inventory.
- Work collaboratively with building manager to plan for improvement.
- Work collaboratively with social services staff to assist tenants and ensure tenant safety.
- 5+ years’ experience in building maintenance.
- Minimum High school/GED degree.
- Must live in building.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Fluency in Spanish or Russian a plus.
- Basic plumbing, electrical and general carpentry require.
- HVAC and appliances knowledge a plus.
Computer Skills Needed
- Frequent bending, kneeling, climbing, and lifting.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Supportive housing residence; live and work among residents.