6532 Phinney Avenue N
The PNA seeks a dynamic Event Manager whose experience and philosophy closely align with the PNA’s mission and values. The Event Manager will oversee, plan, and execute the PNA’s major fundraising events which raise over $300,000 for PNA programs. This position will supervise three members of the event team and serve as the lead planner for the PNA Auction and Bingo Karaoke. This position is .6 FTE and reports to the Development Director.
- Provide supervision for all event staff, including the Auction Coordinator, Winter Festival Coordinator, and Beer and Wine Taste Coordinator.
- Serve as lead for planning and execution for PNA fundraising events (Bingo Karaoke (5 events per year) and the annual auction (May).
- Provide support to the events team for the Wine Taste, Trivia Night, Beer Tastes, Winter Festival, and fundraising events initiated by 4 PNA preschool co-ops.
- Prepare and monitor event budgets.
- Provide staff leadership to the Auction Planning Committee.
- Work with Volunteer Programs Manager, recruit, coordinate, supervise, and acknowledge event volunteers.
- Work with Marketing Director, oversee and coordinate event promotion including website, emails, social media, the Review, and press releases.
- Prepare and distribute event evaluation reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years of nonprofit event management experience.
- Minimum of one year of experience motivating, training, and mentoring team members or volunteers in a management role.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to improvise.
- Team-orientation and passion for community-building mission of the PNA.
- Personal commitment to creating a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work in a very active and open office environment.
- Ability and willingness to work outside of normal business hours on a regular basis.
- Excellent decision making and critical thinking skills.
- Computer proficiency with extensive experience using the Microsoft Office Suite and other software as required. Experience with Salesforce and Greater Giving a plus.
- Position requires regular lifting of up to 25 pounds, room set-up and take down, and ability to climb stairs and walk between buildings on Phinney Center campus.
Work hours average out to 24 per week, but can range from 14-33 per week depending on the time of year. Highest volume of hours occur from April to May due to the Auction. This position requires work outside of normal business hours on a regular basis. We offer a convivial, positive, and flexible working environment. The PNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer working towards a culturally-diverse workplace. Applicants representing the diversity of our community are encouraged to apply.
Benefits include: health insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match; long‐term disability insurance; a flexible spending account; self-paid Aflac products; a free PNA household membership with reduced costs for classes and room rentals; 3 weeks personal time off the first year, increasing annually; Christmas Eve – New Year’s Day off; and 8 paid holidays (total paid time off first year: 5.5 weeks).
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter indicating your interest, how you meet the minimum qualifications, and a resume to email@example.com. Position is open until filled; and preference will be given to candidates who apply by August 20, 2018 at 5 pm.