Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking an Education and Engagement Manager for our Israel and Global Jewish Citizenship team.
The Education and Engagement Manager, Israel and Global Jewish Citizenship (IGJC), helps advance CJP’s vision for Greater Boston’s relationship with Israel. S/he will be responsible for the development and oversight of our Israel education engagement, and leadership development portfolios. S/he will ensure high-quality programming, partnerships, and grants are implemented with maximum impact.
S/he will assist in the review and assessment of all CJP-Israel activities to ensure alignment with IGJC’s vision. S/he will cultivate relationships with community partners and work to foster increased feelings of connectedness to and responsibility for the Jewish people and the State of Israel in the Greater Boston community.
The Education and Engagement Manager will work consultatively across CJP to serve as a resource on Israel and global Jewish citizenship and serve as a face of CJP to community partners. S/he will help lead volunteer participation and engagement, foster leadership development, and develop engagement programs, where appropriate. The Education and Engagement Manager must be able to prioritize tasks, take initiative in identifying problems and devising solutions, and have strong interpersonal skills as well as discretion and political acuity.
· Work with AVP IGJC, CJP staff, and volunteers to advance IGJC’s vision and mission, with a focus on education and engagement initiatives
· In collaboration with the AVP IGJC and AVP Young Adult Engagement, ensure a robust menu of high-quality opportunities throughout our communities
· Manage the strategy, budget, implementation, and oversight of key projects and initiatives across these agendas
· Measure and evaluate work and adapt agenda to changing priorities throughout the year
· Inspire individuals within and outside CJP in service of our mission to inform, engage, and empower support for Israel and Global Jewish Citizenship
· Manage volunteer committee meetings and programming (including logistics, materials, communications, follow-up)
· Evaluate volunteer experience and develop and implement improvements and innovation as needed
· Design and execute immersive educational experiences in service of our vision and goals
· Foster people-to-people relationships both in Boston and in our partner communities
· Effectively represent IGJC to colleagues and community members
· Foster partnerships with community organizations engaged in Israel programming and assist in convening and supporting our partners in Israel
· Work with IGJC team members to curate news articles and send out the Daily News Roundup
· Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
· B.A. or equivalent
· 3-5 years of related experience, including in education/teaching/leadership development
· Deep, up-to-date understanding of history and current events in Israel as well as a strong understanding of the community climate around Israel
· Demonstrated experience with project management, including setting SMART goals, implementing methodologies, and measuring impact
· Accounting and budget management skills
· Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with staff, volunteer leaders, and community partners
· Strong communications, interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills
· Capacity to juggle multiple projects, and work both independently and collaboratively
· Solutions-oriented and action-oriented (i.e., takes on new opportunities and difficult challenges with energy and enthusiasm)
· Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment
· Political acuity and experience managing sensitive information
· Demonstrated critical thinking
· Excellent written and oral communication skills. Design skills a plus.
· Ability to staff occasional evening and weekend meetings and programs
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
· Commitment to CJP’s mission
· Availability for evening and/or weekend events/meetings
· Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
· Ability to travel to outside meetings and sites, including internationally
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3087119
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.
Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and…
Please use this link to apply:
Please use this link to apply: