Details: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
Adorned In Grace Volunteer Developer Job Description
Position Description: Do you have a passion to empower people to serve others with their unique gifts and talents? Can you inspire a team of volunteers and help coach them through a clearly defined mission and goals?
Adorned in Grace Bridal and Formalwear provides awareness and funding for the prevention of human trafficking and restoration for its victims by uniting people to creatively address this social injustice. Adorned in Grace serves under Compassion Connect, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- Build relationships with community partners, recruit volunteers, train and encourage volunteers
- Oversee volunteers implementing policies of the shop
- Interface between the bridal shops and its volunteers and Compassion Connect
- Establish and maintain strong church relationships, presenting volunteer opportunities at church and community events
- Equip individuals and teams to carry out the operations functions of the Portland-area bridal shops: e.g. helping customers, completing sales transactions, managing inventory, maintaining relevant databases, updating technology, maintaining and improving the physical facility, keeping correspondence current, developing and implementing a marketing plan, enacting community outreach
- Aligns with Adorned In Grace's values
- Teachable heart and teachable spirit
- Friendly, engaging personality and positive attitude
- Good judgment and conflict resolution skills
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to inspire, recruit and engage volunteers in the mission of the organization
- Ability to provide oversight and leadership to volunteer staff
- Basic understanding of non-profit organizations
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of merchandising, print marketing, and social media
- Basic math, cash handling, and accounting skills
- Some knowledge of the bridal or fashion industry preferred
- Computer skills preferred: word processing, internet search, web-based programs, troubleshooting
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, squat and carry up to 35lbs
Experience and Education:
- Experience in teaching, training, and organizational leadership preferred
- Successful volunteer recruitment experience
- At least one year of retail experience preferred
- College degree: prefer bachelor’s or higher, preferably in a business or nonprofit management field
- The Bridal Shop Volunteer Developer will report to the Adorned in Grace Director and work closely with the Bridal Shop Advisory Committee.
- Maintain a weekly log documenting hours and tasks, and will periodically review it with the supervisor and advisory committee to adjust focus if necessary.
- Provide data as requested for non-profit oversight purposes such as volunteer information, volunteer hours, donations, and sales figures.
Develop a 40 hour per week work schedule that includes some, but not all of the shops’ open hours. Saturdays 9:30 am - 6 pm will be required for the first six months. Mondays will be on-site at the Compassion Connect office in SE Portland. Other time will include meetings, volunteer contact, administrative tasks, and church and community contact.
- Bridal Shops: develop a schedule of regular meetings as necessary for leadership team, task teams, individual key volunteers, and volunteer development
- Compassion Connect: on-site attendance each Monday. Weekly meeting with Adorned in Grace Ministries Director
- Advisory committee: Quarterly Advisory Committee meeting
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurable with experience.
To apply for this position, please go to the Bridal Shop Volunteer Developer Application.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. All paid and volunteer positions are “at will” and may be terminated by the organization or employee at any time for any reason.
Applications can be filled out by visiting us at: https://compassionconnect.webconnex.com/aigjob
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit us at compassionconnect.webconnex.com/aigjob to apply!