This role reflects both the projected growth of Pahara’s emerging portfolio and the need to add capacity and depth to our Selection team. The Selection Coordinator provides tactical and administrative oversight and support critical to advancing a broad range of Selection processes, initiatives, and goals, including:
Candidate Identification Management and Support
- Collaborating with the Director of Selection on the development, planning, and execution of racial equity-centered marketing and sourcing strategies aligned with the organization’s mission and program needs;
- Project manage the development and execution of candidate marketing and identification strategies to ensure a robust pipeline of exceptional, values-aligned candidates who meet program criteria across an array of diversity domains;
- Proactively conducting candidate and landscape research to identify new candidate sources across diversity domains;
- Supporting the development and stewardship of deeply relational nominator and partnership engagement;
- Support the Director of Selection in nomination pipeline management, accurately prioritizing and tracking candidate progression and updating data and selection materials in a timely fashion; and
- Drafting high-quality summary materials related to nomination identification and progression to support sourcing strategy, planning, and decision-making.
Selection Process Management and Support
- Collaborating with the Director of Selection and the team on the execution of racial equity-centered selection processes for Pahara’s programs, from nomination/application to induction;
- Project managing cohort development processes, leading candidate evaluation and cohort development meetings, and ensuring the team is meeting defined milestones;
- Assembling high-quality candidate reading, rating, and meeting preparation materials to facilitate and support candidate evaluation and cohort development discussions;
- Accurately tracking candidate progression and updating materials and data in a timely fashion; and
- Contributing to continuous process innovation, improvement, and team learning.
Data Entry, Management, and Analysis
- Assuming shared responsibility for managing a Salesforce database of candidate and program participant information;
- Performing timely and accurate data entry, updating, and auditing of confidential candidate information;
- Creating informative reports and conducting analysis to inform decision making and learning; and
- Contributing to the Salesforce and Data working group to by:
- Providing input to how Selection team uses data and reports; and
- Assisting with data classification and cleanup projects as requested.
Team and Organizational Support
- Keeping department documents up to date and accurately filed, managing department file structure, and assisting with detailed and high-quality review of documents;
- Assembling summary materials for internal or external use, and to support reporting and team decision-making;
- Contributing to the building and refining of annual processes as the organization grows and adds new programs; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Pahara is a strong fit for professionals who are resourceful, responsible, tenacious, independent, and self-confident, and who possess strong personal drive and motivation and demonstrate exemplary professional behavior and values.
Specifically, we seek team members who exhibit the following values:
- A commitment to equity of all types, with racial equity prioritized at every level of our work;
- Commitment to continuous reflection and development on issues related to race and racism;
- The ability to build and maintain relationships and foster an environment of inclusiveness and belonging in a virtual environment;
- An ability to manage ambiguity productively, particularly in a time of growth and rapid change;
- High level of integrity, trust, and accountability, as well as sound discernment and judgment;
- Maturity, humility, and deep curiosity;
- The ability to learn quickly, be flexible, and take an optimistic, roll-up-your-sleeves approach to work; and,
- Orientation toward excellence and results in all work products and interactions.
Compelling candidates will have:
- 2+ years of professional work experience;
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Proven ability to work independently and virtually in a fast-paced environment;
- Commitment to diversity, a high level of cultural competence, and the ability to work across multiple lines of cultural difference;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in a human resources, executive search, or recruiting setting;
- Strong research skills;
- A proven track record of interacting at multiple levels within an organization, both internally and externally, on projects with multiple participants;
- Ability to handle confidential information, and a understanding of the issues around candidate confidentiality;
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other CRM platform;
- Independent project management experience;
- Commitment to solving inequity in American education, including understanding issues of systemic and institutionalized racism; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications, and the ability to type at least 60 WPM.
The Selection Coordinator will report to the Director of Selection.
We are a virtual organization by design so that our professionals can work where they have built their lives. Our campus in the Denver area will serve as a hub for our work and as the main location for all in-person events. Candidates who live outside the Denver area will have an increase in required overnight travel to the campus.