Full Time Contract
Details: class "C" license starts $14.00 per hour, rate higher for class "B" and above licenses, occasional overtime possible
700 West 40th Street
Action In Maturity, Inc. (AIM) is a private nonprofit organization located in the Hampden area. We are a senior center that provides older city residents and disabled adults with programming and services to improve their quality of life. Our major focus though, is on transportation for our participants to our own or other agencies’ programs; social, cultural and other events; medical and therapy appointments and much more. We use two cars and 14 lift buses (12-14 passengers) for individual rides, pre-scheduled shuttle runs and/or day trips.
AIM seeks to hire Drivers who will be responsible for the following:
- Driving 14 passenger bus and car throughout the Baltimore region, passengers are elderly and/or disabled adults;
- Safe and efficient driving, caring and compassionate attitude;
- Interacting with passengers, senior buildings staffs, and other professionals and the public during pick us and drop offs and at scheduled events;
- Ensuring all transportation paperwork is complete and accurate and vehicle inspections and cleanliness are routinely maintained.
- Assist with AIM program implementation;
- Assist other staff as needed and other duties as assigned.
One position will be full time 35-40 hours per week; generally Monday through Friday starting at 8am although occasional earlier, evening and/or weekend time is possible. At least one part-time Driver to fill in as needed, generally 20-25 hours per week with various start times throughout the week. All Drivers report to the Transportation Coordinator.
- High school degree or equivalent;
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Interested in working with seniors;
- Must be able to pass criminal background check, DOT alcohol/drug/physical test and have a good driving record and at least a “C” license.
Competitive hourly rate (higher for Class “B” and above; partial benefits offered.
paid vacation, holiday, sick days
Level of Language Proficiency
good oral and written English communication skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
come to office for application or call 410-889-7915 for mailed application; immediate openings for full time driver and at least one part time driver