The Development & Community Relations Manager is responsible for increasing awareness of and financial support for Ceres Community Project and our program site in San Rafael. They will operate within these primary functions: developing, cultivating and managing relationships with key individual donors, businesses, foundations, and community leaders; increasing the visibility of Ceres in Marin County; speaking for and/or representing Ceres at community events and in relevant community collaborations. In conjunction with the Development Director, they will be responsible for implementing a comprehensive development program to raise a minimum of $250,000 annually in support of the San Rafael program site.
· Cultivating, soliciting, and managing current and new individual, corporate, in-kind, and foundation donors
· Increasing the visibility of Ceres in Marin County in general, and in particular with key stakeholder groups including donors, adult and teen volunteers, clients, health care referral partners, and community leaders
· Leading site visits
· Planning and implementing events including but not limited to, volunteer appreciation and volunteer enrichment, house parties and fundraising events
· Representing Ceres at community functions, collaborative partnerships, awards, and receptions
· Partnering with the Ceres’ Communications team and Marin staff on gathering and sharing stories and information on the impact Ceres is making in Marin County
· Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience in non-profit fundraising and communications
· A commitment to Ceres Community Project’s mission and operating principles
· A minimum of three years’ experience with donor relations and development, and must be comfortable with fundraising and asking for money
· Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, and exceptional interpersonal skills
· Ability to effectively communicate the mission and vision of Ceres
· Experience in public speaking
· Experience in managing fundraising events
· Grant writing experience a plus
· Experience with Fundly CRM, Salesforce, or other cloud-based nonprofit donor database
· Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
· Must be entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, and well organized
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize; work well under pressure and deadlines
· Ability to use sound judgment and has a good awareness of self
· Ability and desire to be in a work environment that values working as a team, relationships, and giving and receiving honest feedback
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends
Reports to: Development Director. Participates in Staff meetings, Development & Communications Team meetings, and Development Team meetings.
This position will require working from home and up to one day a week at Ceres’ headquarters in Sebastopol as the Marin program site is based in a rented commercial kitchen and does not have office space.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Ceres provides health insurance (employee pays 25% of premium, Ceres pays 75%) as well as up to 10 paid holidays per year, alternative healthcare plan (accupuncture and chiropractic), paid time off and 3 sick days per calendar year.
Level of Language Proficiency
Requires excellent English language skills, both written and oral.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply via email to the above address. Be sure to include a cover letter, resume and at least three professional references, two of which are/were managers or supervisors of applicant. Please submit by Friday, March 30.