Details: Commensurate with experience.
645 Saint Nicholas Avenue
Student Services Assistant
Harlem School of the Arts seeks a passionate, experienced Part-Time Student Services Assistant to provide customer service and administrative support for the Student Services Department. This role welcomes HSA families and guests and supports student registration and program administration. The successful candidate will value the rich cultural history and diversity of the community and be passionate about arts education. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the mission, growth, and success of this award-winning, historically important arts institution.
The Student Services Assistant will provide administrative support for the Student Services Department. This is an outward-facing role and is the first point of contact for clients, families, and visitors. The role requires greeting and providing information to HSA students, their families, and the community. The successful candidate will support class and program registration and will deliver excellent and courteous service in person and over the telephone. He or she will be eager to cultivate relationships with a diverse, multicultural community.
This is a part-time (15-20 hours per week), non-exempt position and includes some weekend hours. The position may require occasional scheduled evenings for special programs and events.
• Support the Student Registration process
• Respond to client inquiries over the telephone and in person
• Assist with document preparation related to student enrollment and programs
• Provide general administrative support including filing, photocopying, and organizing office documents and materials
• Act as an ambassador for HSA at Open Houses, special events, and community events
• Prepare collateral materials for use by staff and the community teaching artists
• Additional duties as assigned
· Experience using a computer, including word processing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excel spreadsheet skills preferred
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to provide superior customer service
· Retail experience a plus
To apply for the Harlem School of the Arts Student Services Assistant position, please submit a resume and cover letter to Lynne Toye, Chief Administrative Officer, at email@example.com. Please indicate Student Services Assistant in the subject line.
Harlem School of the Arts is located at 645 St. Nicholas Avenue in Harlem. It is easily accessible via the A,C,B, and D subway trains.
About Harlem School of the Arts:
Harlem School of the Arts enriches the lives of young people and their families through world-class training in and exposure to the arts across multiple disciplines (Art, Music, Dance and Theater) in an environment that emphasizes rigorous training, stimulates creativity, builds self-confidence, and adds a dimension of beauty to their lives.
Harlem School of the Arts is able to achieve this with the exceptional participation of our family of loyal donors, dedicated parents, involved alumni and generous guest and resident artists.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required