Details: Commensurate with experience
New York Public Radio's mission is to make the mind more curious, the heart more open and the soul more joyful through excellent audio programming that is deeply rooted in New York.
Working alongside the VP, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, you will be responsible for helping to shape NYPRs diversity and inclusion efforts, ensuring that the organization is attracting and retaining employees while also creating opportunities for growth and professional development. This individual will work with external partners and staff at all levels to develop and execute upon strategic initiatives designed to advance NYPR strategy, foster a positive and inclusive work environment for everyone.
The ideal candidate for this position will ensure that the diversity strategy supports talent priorities, and for measuring the progress of NYPR inclusion efforts. The Manager, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will partner with other members of the HR team on various initiatives.
- Participate on the DEI Council and provide project management and facilitation for meetings, work teams, and coordination of communications
- Develop a strategy for outreach to colleges/universities, ethnic professional organizations, other diversity organizations to create relationships and a pipeline of candidates
- Enable success of the Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Partner with recruitment to ensure NYPR attracts diverse candidates externally as the retention and progression within the company. This includes recruitment practices and metrics and events
- Support NYPR’s newsroom and content areas by tracking and growing a diverse database of potential hosts, reporters, editors and others
- Produce content resource database for newsroom and programming showcasing diverse voices for prospective guest booking, contributors, and advisors to support inclusive content.
- In partnership with the VP of DEI, develop a training and education strategy for DEI
- Assistant Producer of NYPR’s capstone MLK, Jr. Celebration at The Apollo Theater—the largest and most diverse audience of any NYPR live event. Help with distribution and development of content from MLK programs
- Develop and analyze metrics for measuring progress and effectiveness of the organization’s diversity, equity and inclusion strategy and identify and implement a diversity and inclusion benchmarking process to measure progress against goals and the effectiveness of diversity and inclusion strategies.
Necessary skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or closely-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years of experience, Human Resource experience a plus including direct work experience around diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Skilled in project management, interpersonal communication, facilitation, persuasion, and leadership.
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing needs, resolve complex issues, and manage contention under pressure.
- Experience with diversity training, leadership development, group facilitation, and community building/organizing
- Excellent written and verbal (formal and informal) communication skills and detail orientation
- Proven ability to positively interact with all levels of staff, clients and other constituents from diverse communities
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications and generally strong technology skills.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Minimum Education Required