This position is responsible for ensuring the successful implementation and maintenance of supportive family engagement and training across all Cocoon House programs. This position will establish, implement and maintain programs to help families have the support they need to prevent their youth from becoming homeless and to help families reunite if their youth does become homeless. The Director of Family Engagement gets to work with a dynamic team that includes the Senior Director of Programs and the agency leadership in program strategy and development. This role is a vital piece of helping Cocoon House expand our family engagement services and thus helping to break the cycle of homelessness for youth and young adults.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Increase family engagement strategy across agency
Expand current family services
Support healthy home environments for LGBTQIA+ youth
· Develop family support services that help parents provide a safe and supportive environment for their LGBTQIA+ youth
Oversee Family Services Programs including Prevention and Host Homes Programs
· Primary duties include: supervision of staff, ensuring support and structure are provided for families and youth, ensuring Program Managers are supported and successful
· Provide leadership and mentoring in Family Services Programs, including mentoring and
facilitation of Program Managers and lead staff
· Execution of contracts, compliance with funder and contract requirements, and data and service quality to support the contracts.
· Maintain a high level of commitment to ensuring racial equity in programs and addressing policies based in white supremacy.
Cocoon House will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with disabilities if requested.
This position is responsible for ensuring the successful implementation and maintenance of supportive family engagement and training across all Cocoon House programs. This position will establish, implement and maintain programs to…