Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide concerns of Jewish communities around the globe.
The Development Director will be responsible for growing AJC San Francisco's development efforts via major gifts and individual giving, planned giving, constituency development, and working with family foundations. The successful candidate will join an AJC office that is on a steep growth trajectory and enjoys an entrepreneurial and highly motivated team that is invested in excellence and committed to building AJC's presence in the Bay Area.
The Development Director does all of this while adhering to AJC's core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability
Primary Fundraising Responsibilities:
- Envision and implement a comprehensive plan for growing an annual $1M campaign via major gifts and individual giving
- Manage an effective major gifts process including targeted events, solicitation strategies, moves management and stewardship
- Manage a growing portfolio of donors and solicit new and increased gifts from those donors
- Develop a senior lay team to help lead and support AJC San Francisco's development program
- Advise, manage and support the fundraising and solicitation efforts of the AJC San Francisco Regional Office Director
- Oversee planned giving initiatives including coordinating follow up with AJC's national planned giving office, and identifying and enrolling planned giving prospects
- Grow AJC's donor recognition program and promote AJC National donor opportunities
- Oversee management of gift entry and donor information into national and local database
- Coordinate with all staff to ensure effective engagement of and marketing to the donor community
- Play an important role in major gifts fundraising connected to annual honoree dinners.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of, and a strong commitment to, Jewish issues and the objectives of AJC and have strong ties to the Bay Area philanthropic community. The best candidate will be an experienced development professional with planning and management skills and proven track record of fund raising success with significant experience in donor cultivation, major gift solicitation and stewardship.
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 8 years of fundraising experience that includes major donor management
- Passion for AJC's mission
- Goal-oriented campaign strategist who can create and execute a multi-faceted vision and plan for increased financial resource development results
- Self-starter who can work independently and collaborate with professional colleagues and volunteer leadership
- Flexible and creative and strategic thinker able to develop new ways to engage potential and existing donors, create new giving opportunities and programs
- Pride and professionalism in work accomplishments
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to creatively and practically solve problems, to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously
- Excellent project management skills, ability to manage data and develop, implement and oversee budget
- Availability for early morning, evening and weekend meetings
- Proficiency in Raiser's Edge and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/development-director-sf-2017/