1625 Massachusetts Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Summary: Vital Voices seeks a macro-thinking, micro-executing communications professional to provide support, strategic guidance and a unique voice to the organization’s social, digital and brand presence. The Digital Communications Coordinator leverages the website, e-mail and social media outlets to promote the organization’s brand; extend its reach and cultivate supporters; complement ongoing and event-driven media relations and fundraising activities; support members of the Global Leadership Network; and promote all regional and issue-area programmatic activities.
The Digital Communications Coordinator will support the organization’s website in coordination with staff and technology vendors; support online outreach and fundraising campaigns; perform content management tasks across a range of online properties; and create, curate and amplify multi-media content to support Vital Voices engagement and messaging through a variety of social media outlets.
· In conjunction with the Senior Director of Engagement, work across departments to implement a strategic communications agenda that advances Vital Voices’ goals and activities across a range of regional and issue-area programs, events, partnerships and branded intellectual property;
Stay current on trends in tech as relevant to organization’s advancement in online and marketing space;
· Curate and create engaging and effective content for the Vital Voices website and social media outlets on a daily basis;
- Build digital brand awareness by managing content, look, feel and function of all online properties, as well as helping to drive external traffic to vitalvoices.org, affiliated sites and social networking platforms by keeping sites and profiles fresh, engaging and on message;
- Maintain integrity and quality of website, including content and navigation, through ongoing review and maintenance; updating out-of-date content and purging/archiving of expired content and spam; and liaise with web developers;
- Monitor trends in NGO social media communications and recommend strategies for positioning VV as a leader in the global women’s leadership space;
- Support the organization-wide communications and marketing strategy that will attract new resources and raise the visibility of Vital Voices among current and new audiences;
- Organize content for and write initial draft of bi-monthly newsletter;
- Support and produce other online updates, alerts and campaigns, and special feature content including for micro-sites and portals, interactive and other programmatic content;
- Support email invitations and reminders, donation pages and responses, event pages and responses and surveys via MailChimp in collaboration with development team;
- Produce monthly reports that measure open/click-through rate reports, Google Analytics, and social media growth;
- Participate in the daily maintenance of the Vital Voices website and affiliate sites, including content updates, content management system maintenance and preparing assets for posting including photographs, videos, MS Word documents, PDFs and graphic images;
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of experience working on a non-profit or corporate website and representing organization/company through social media;
- Great sense of humor, flexibility, team player, positive attitude ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Experience using common content management systems such as Drupal or WordPress;
- Experience managing social networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc., and analytics tools to track social networking data, such as Hootsuite and Google Analytics
- Online production experience including newsletters, donations pages and e-mails working with eCRM solutions such as MailChimp and Salesforce;
- Functional knowledge of HTML/CSS and PHP;
- Basic Adobe Photoshop and Design skills;
- Video-editing skills a plus;
- Experience in media relations also a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail the following to HR@vitalvoices.org using “Position Title – Your FULL NAME” as the subject of your e-mail.
· A letter of interest indicating current salary, salary expectations, and availability
· Creative writing sample
· Three references with complete contact information
Only complete applications will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.