75 Laurel St.
The Marketing & Events Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the organization’s annual marketing and advancement plan. The position will specifically focus on event planning, communications, and marketing. Directly responsible for raising $100,000+ in unrestricted revenue a year.
Membership and Relations:
- Develop and grow organization’s annual membership program. Includes authoring all appeals, developing members-only events, sending out renewal notices, and increasing the membership base.
- Attend volunteer and various other organizational events to represent Advancement and Marketing.
- Plan and implement yearly fundraising and special events in concert with board and management team ie: Greenhouse Party, Garden Party, Member events, Hartford Urban Gardeners Society awards, Harvest Market and any additional events.
- Ensure fundraising events meet and exceed their revenue goals.
- Plan and facilitate donor cultivation events.
- Provide support to other staff led events.
- Oversight of special event committees.
- Supervise volunteers and interns.
- Develop and implement a cross-platform communications and calendar.
- Coordinate the development and distribution of organization’s online and print newsletters and e-mail marketing pieces.
- Manage organization’s website.
- Draft and distribute press releases.
- Maintain organization’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts. Develop presence on other social media sites as needed.
- Photograph all events.
- Develop and update brochures.
- Shift communications to an electronic format where appropriate.
- Provide marketing support to program staff.
- Handle all administrative needs of the Advancement and Marketing Department. This will include tracking outreach strategies, taking meeting minutes.
- Provide monthly reports to executive staff.
- Coordinate A&M committee meetings with board.
Foundations and Grants:
- Support KNOX’s grant seeking and reporting efforts as needed.
- 1-2 years of experience in event planning and marketing. Fundraising Experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer software experience including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working knowledge of word press websites.
- Ability to act independently and make decisions as required.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Flexibility is a must.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required