The Graphic Design Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Creative and Brand Manager, and will assist in building public awareness of the Foundation’s activities, brand, messaging, programs and events through digital and print graphic design.
This description incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Graphic Design Coordinator will assist with building public awareness of the Foundation’s activities, brand, messaging, programs and events through print and digital graphic design. This position requires someone who is creative, organized, and adept at prioritizing multiple projects. This individual will be expected to deliver on key objectives, plus manage project schedules, resources and vendors.
Please be prepared to share a portfolio of your print and digital media accomplishments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide graphic design services for the Foundation's digital assets, including but not limited to the Prevent Cancer Foundation website and microsites, preventable cancer fact sheets, e-newsletters and the digital version of the Foundation’s annual report.
· Provide graphic design services for the Foundation’s print materials, including but not limited to the Foundation’s annual report, newsletter, brochures, preventable cancer guides, postcards, and event collateral materials.
- Design graphics for email marketing campaigns, and the Foundation’s expanding social media platforms: Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube.
· Perform routine daily and periodic updates of online text, photographs, videos and forms.
- Work closely with other divisions in the development of digital and print publications, projects and materials.
• In consultation with the Creative and Brand Senior Manager, maintain a consistent look and feel to all Prevent Cancer Foundation digital and print materials and ensures compliance with Foundation brand guidelines in all graphic design.
· Assist the Creative and Brand Senior Manager on projects and performs additional duties as requested.
- BA/BS in relevant field
- Portfolio with 1-3 years of graphic design
- Highly proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud on a Mac or Windows platform
- Fluency with core graphic design principles (typography, form, color, composition, imagery, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, work well independently and prioritize
- Experience with media production (shooting photos, editing video) a plus
- Ability to work effectively within the WordPress content management system (CMS) a plus
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making
- Strong writing and editing skills, knowledge of AP Style preferred
Conveniently located near the King Street Metro Stop, the Prevent Cancer Foundation offers a generous benefits package that includes healthcare, 401(k) participation, paid vacation, sick leave and federal holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Lisa Berry, Managing Director of External Affairs, at Lisa.Berry@preventcancer.org. Put “Graphic Design Coordinator” in the subject line.