1537 Washington Avenue
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks is hiring a Case Manager for the PS 42 Claremont Community School Program.
- Maintain familiarity with agency and community resources
- Coordinate client services with mental health, medical, employment, educational, child care and other social service providers
- Conduct home visit and field visit as required
- Promote teamwork and collaboration among staff
- Develop and build relationships with parents and families of program participants.
- Ensure a physically safe environment for students and families
- Attend internal and external agency meetings and trainings
- Submit reports as required including monthly reports to supervisor
- Assist with special projects and perform additional duties as assigned
Program Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide direct services to students and families including engagement, referral, advocacy, and case management services
- Coordinate with Community School Director, Social Worker and School Personnel to identify chronically absent students
- Conduct home visits for students who are identified as chronically absent to assess the need of families and address absenteism.
- Serve as a success mentor for a caseload of 5-8 students who are identified as at risk students due to behavior and/or attendance
- Collaborate with Community School Director, Parent Coordinator and Social Worker to develop and facilitate workshops, events and community school forums for families
- Facilitate parent engagement activities and other workshops for parents
- Maintain and build partnerships with outside agencies to enhance programming
- Plan special events and other innovative programming with school and CBO staff
- Assist with supervision of children and/or provide coverage as needed (on or off-site)
- Be an active member of the attendance, community school, and school leadership team and/or committee
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
- Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave
- 12 paid holidays.
- Comprehensive medical, and life insurance coverage care for employees and their families, at little or no cost to employees.
- A pension plan that is 100% employer paid
- Two tax deferred annuity plans and employee assistance in maximizing the pension plan and tax deferred annuity plans to prepare for retirement.
- TransitChek – Employees may use TransitChek to have money taken out of their pretax salaries to pay for their public transportation commute.
- Free and confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service, to assist employees and their families with a wide range of personal problems.
ADDITIONALLY, BronxWorks Offers:
- A comprehensive monthly training calendar
- Access to some scholarship opportunities
- Non-financial support and internship opportunities for employees who return to school, particularly for their Master of Social Work degrees
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.
Level of Language Proficiency
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required. Authorization to work in the United States for any employer is mandatory.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply for CASE MANAGER using the link below: