660 Lombard Street
Reports to: TEL HI Teen Center Site Coordinator
Salary: $16- $18 per hour
Work schedule: 20-30 hours per week, some weekends/evenings may be required
The Program Leader is a part-time contract position that assists TELHI’s Site Coordinator with various program related tasks and responsibilities at TELHI’s Teen Center, located within North Beach Place Apartments (NBP). The Teen Center provides enrichment activities for teen residents of NBP as well as the surrounding community. The Teen Center operates in the after school hours when school is in session and for extended day time hours during the summer. TELHI also hosts ongoing and seasonal events for the larger NBP community which the program coordinator may help with time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist all programming based at North Beach Place Teen Center.
- Coordinate and manage day-to-day programs for youth including after school drop in services including but not limited sports, cooking, gaming, team building, arts and crafts, youth leadership, and general tutoring. Coordinate and manage occasional services for adult community members, including computer drop-in and regular monthly community events.
- Oversee and coordinate outreach and marketing of activities and events to NBP residents and larger community to build membership and ensure the entire complex has access to the center's services.
- Ensure program activities and operations reflect best practices, specifically around youth development as determined by TELHI staff and the Site Coordinator.
- Ensure that program provides inclusive learning experiences that are developmentally and culturally appropriate.
- Collaborate with other TELHI staff to ensure alignment of activities across all programs and smooth service delivery to participants.
- Work in conjunction with program staff, contractors, and community partners.
- Serve as the point person for Teen Center during program.
- Plan and oversee the effective development and administration of programs and services.
- Attend internal meetings as identified by Site coordinator to ensure proper program planning and implementation.
- Support TEL HI’s fundraising efforts as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Level of Language Proficiency
Cantonese preferred but not required.
Minimum Education Required