250 Joralemon Street
Brooklyn Law School seeks an Assistant Director of Admissions to join its dynamic Admissions team. The Assistant Director of Admissions works in partnership with the Dean of Admissions, other officers, and staff within the Office of Admissions to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics to accomplish the department's goals. Specifically, this position participates in law school applicant recruitment, counseling and evaluation, enrollment and yield management, key stakeholder outreach, recruitment and management, marketing and communication planning, strategic planning, and special project planning, management and execution. This position plays a large role in prospective student recruitment and will play a leading role in counseling admitted students and improving the law school's yield performance. This position reports to the Dean of Admissions and requires occasional weekend work, as well as frequent domestic business travel to attend law school recruiting activities and relevant professional conferences and events.
The Assistant Director will make an impact in many areas with responsibilities and duties including, but not limited to:
• Represent the law school at law school fairs, forums, universities and other events across the country;
• Create and maintain web and print admissions marketing publications and materials;
• Cultivate relationships with prospective students, pre-law advisors, and peer law schools;
• Plan, direct and execute on and off-campus events for prospective and admitted students;
• Read, evaluate and recommend decisions for prospective student applications;
• Develop analytical tools and strategies for tracking and improving yield;
• Recruit current students, alumni, faculty and other law school staff to participate in admissions activities and programs;
• Participate in strategic planning to improve the overall functioning of the department
• Recruit, hire, train and manage current student admissions assistants;
• Develop, maintain and improve social media marketing strategies and platforms;
• Undertake all planning and execution of designated projects as assigned by the Dean of Admissions;
• Counsel prospective students regarding programs, application processes and strategies, financial aid and law school selection.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent, oral, writing, and communication skills with the ability to understand and speak compellingly about Brooklyn Law School;
• Experience working with databases, competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Sound judgment, discretion, and tact in a highly confidential professional setting;
• Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse stakeholders;
• Strong demonstrated commitment to professional development.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a demanding professional work environment required;
• Experience negotiating financial transactions;
• Experience in graduate level admissions or student affairs preferred;
• Demonstrated ability successfully to manage and multi-task projects with a high degree of attention to detail;
• High degree of proficiency with database, publication, spreadsheet and other basic business software.
Brooklyn Law School has a competitive Total Rewards packages which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, 403(b)Pension, Flexible Spending and TransitChek. We have a generous time off policy and promote a healthy work/life balance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Assistant Director, Admissions in the subject heading. No phone calls, please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and resumes received without cover letters will not be reviewed. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, it is not possible for us to respond to each one. If your resume is of interest, we will contact you directly to set up an interview.
Brooklyn Law School is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment, hiring, and promotion process without regard to race, religion, age, ethnicity , color, gender and/or gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, veteran or military status, national origin, pregnancy, unemployment status, or any other status protected by applicable city, state, or federal law. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for any open positions within the Law School and shall receive consideration without regard to any legally protected status.